We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver cost for 5 hrs

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Driver cost for 5 hrs

What is the usual price for 5 hours, going to Wat Chalong, Big Budda, Phuket Town and shopping?

Thanks for any help

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

Hi Ratbagx3

I think around 1000 to 1200 baht for 5 hour day tour, Pm me if you would like the name of good driver who does day tours and airport transfers, Hope this helps.

7 days and counting lol

Cheers Andrew

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

go to beach across from patong merlin resort ask for Mr Boon he has an air conditioned van and will drive all day with as many people he can fit for 1000 baht

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

my driver Pong does day trips for 800baht

6 people in an SUV or mini bus 1000baht

PM me if u want his number

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

Thanks all for your help. Ended up using Kom for 6 hours for 1200 baht. He was going to charge 1200 for 5 hrs but had to pickup someone else in our area at 4 so gave us another hours. We were happy with him seems genuine and stopped at a music shop for our son we saw in Phuket Town. I would recommend himb but obviously you can get cheaper, which I did not realise.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

If you are happy with Kom that is great so don't worry about the price.

You might be able to get someone cheaper, but the only difference between 1000bht & 1200bht is A$6.70

Can not get a taxi in WA for $6.70

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

I agree, if you were happy with Kom he was worth the extra money.

7. Re: Driver cost for 5 hrs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 13:17