We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at kata palm resort, need help

North London
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at kata palm resort, need help

Hi guys

My wife and I are making our first visit to thialand late august, we are staying 10 nights at the kata palm. We chose the kata palm as it seemed to be a great location for us to away from the mass of people but not to far away so we can visit patong in the evenings I just wanted to know am I right in thinking this or should I have chosen a different hotel also what activities excursions would you reccomend we are a youngish couple and like to be quite active not just sit on a beach

many thanks

Ken

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at kata palm resort, need help

We are staying at KAta Palm in Aug as well thinking of the following things to do: hongs by starlight-john Gray trip with phuketsailing on 90ft cat sounds wonderful night markets in phuket town shopping :) trip to phi phi not sure who with yet khao lak national park elephant ride and bamboo rafting down river just to name a few 2nd time to phuket loved it in July last year hope you have a great trip plenty of other ideas on T/A cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at kata palm resort, need help

I stayed at Kata Palm Dec 2009 and was very impressed, The rooms were great and there is this amazing freestyle pool that winds itself through tropical gardens via a pool bar. The breakfast was okay but not great.

The beach at Kata is a 5 minute walk or they have a shuttle van to take you there. I'd stay there again. Re Patong. not far but you'll be at the mercy of rip off tuk tuks or taxis if you are going to get there that way

I would atay 5 nights Kata and 5 in Patong. In August your room rates will be a huge bargain!

Enjoy!

Tom

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at kata palm resort, need help

We also loved the Kata Palm and recommended it to friends who are going in July. The rooms are really beautiful and the pool is amazing! It is very relaxing and you would stick to the pool a lot - and the beach is lovely also. We did some walks as well to nearby beach Kata noi i think it's called, Pretty hot walk though!

Easy taxi to other areas.

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
297 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at kata palm resort, need help

We stayed there is Dec 2010 and it was wonderful...would go back there any day.

It is easy access to everything without being in the "madness" of Patong! There are tour desks everywhere although we stuck to one at the hotel and they gave us good prices. We did the Coral Island trip but wouldn't do it again (or recommend it).

I am green just thinking about Kata!! Have a wonderful time...!!

Kirsty

melbourne
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at kata palm resort, need help

5 minutes walk to the beach ? It could be done...

Patong is 20 minutes by tuk tuk and will be a minimum of 600 baht return. More like 800 baht nowadays from what I hear.

Did you make a mistake ? Sort of. It would be pretty cheap to stay at Kata Palm in August, but so would have other hotels, eg Kata Beach Resort, right on the beach. Also, you should have split your stay b/w two places, Kata and Patong.

Not much point in asking for advice after you've booked !

6. Re: Staying at kata palm resort, need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 18:16