We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Can anyone tell me where to buy a lightweight stroller

or, should I bring one with me?

Thanks in advance

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Most of the supermarkets have them, but I suggest bring an old one, and leave it with a needy mother here.

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

As Brio said most of the supermarkets have them, if not bringing an old one from home you could still purchase a cheap one in Phuket and still leave it here with a needy mother. Either way would be a good idea.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Many thanks for the quick replies. Excellent idea on buying 1 there. I'm guessing that Carrefour would be a great place to start?

And would definately leave it there . I'm sure someone would get some use out of it.

Thanks again

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Ok, so I can buy a stroller in the supermarkets??

Which supermarkets sell them in Patong?

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Carrefour has been sold to Big C. The one in Patong has already been rebranded. Its situated inside Jungceylon, on the eastern side.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Just brought a stroller at jungceylon.. Walk through to second building to BIG C.. They are on the second floor for around 40 bucks aud. Comes with all the fruit.. Our original pram got damaged in transit so this was a worthy replacement and necessity for getting out and about in Phuket..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Hi,

Just wondering what sort of stroller did you get for around $40 from BigC? Whats the weight max for child?

Our daughter is past the pram stage but last year we were there she would always get tired after a long day & we still wanted to keep shopping so I think it would be a great idea to buy one there.

Is it possible to post a photo?

Thanks.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

It was for our 1 year old daughter who weighed around 10kgs i guess.. It definately would not have been suitable for my 3 year old daughter as structurely it was not as robust as the ones we get here...

If you get the chance just take one from here, stow it under the plane before you board (most airlines allow this) If not check it out when you get there, they may have different ones in stock!

Hope this helps

Brad

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

You can rent one!

http://www.phuketbabyrentals.com/english/

Providing clean, safe baby equipment rentals in Phuket, Thailand.

As the leading baby and toddler equipment rental agency in Phuket, Thailand, Phuket Baby Rentals can provide your child with all the comforts of home, and help to make traveling with your baby as easy and stress free as possible.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can I buy a lightweight stroller

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

I might wait & see when we get there & maybe even look at renting one.

Thanks again.