We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

Lexington, Kentucky
8 posts
Save Topic
Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

We are going to Phuket in October for our honeymoon. We have poured over hotels for weeks and cant seem to make up our minds. What is the nicest hotel in Phuket (not taking price into consideration) that is beachfront?

Thanks for your help!!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

We have twice stated at the Novotel which is up on a hill overlooking Patong beach. It has three pools which are staggered down the side of the hill and you can lie in the pool with an amazing view.

It is just away from all the madness of Patong but they are only a tuk tuk away. Also has some nice restaurants and is a stunning resort.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

We loved the Katathani which is right on the beach but because it's your honeymoon you should also check out Mom Tri's boathouse, which is next door to the Katathani and very romantic.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

Just to add, even if you don't decide to stay at Mom Tri's I would definitely plan a romantic dinner there.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
121 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

Kata Thani has separate up scale resort named the shore at kata Thani.

Best in phuket would be Aman puri, but not sure if it is beach front.

Aleenta is also great is very far from paring, and it is actually out of phuket. It is beach front, though.

Twin palms, banyan tree, La flora paring also has good reputation.

I don't have much information, but la flora patong seems to be a good choice for honeymooners.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

Here is a link to a listing for top rated romatic hotels

phuket.com/hotel/recommendations-romantic-re…

Are you looking for a villa or room?

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

Not taking price into account means you get meaningless help. I can give you an idea of the "best" hotels in Phuket, but if you aren't prepared to pay £500 or more per night ( ! ), what would be the point ?

For good advice, you need to give budget, and time of year of travel (which you have).

Edited: 17 July 2011, 14:35
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

The racha?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

La Flora is very nice, on the beach, in heart of Patong and close to everything.

Also Ban Thai is very nice, wife and I stayed here in Jan and are going back in Sep and staying there again. Loved the place not right on the beach but it takes about 60 seconds to walk there and 59 of that is trying to cross the road, also close to evrything.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

Just be careful - re: beachfront. I'm going end Oct to early Nov. and have looked into this painfully. Have decided on Katathani (although a bit too big for my liking - can't have everything) and if you stay in their Thani Wing it will be beachfront - their cheaper rooms are on the Bhuri Wing which means a walk across the street - other hotels may be the same???? Also looking into it, I discovered that "beachfront" can mean the hotel can be up high on a hill - yes technically beachfront but you have to make your way down to the beach- to add to the confusion some I looked at - again "beachfront" would not be a beach suitable for swimming ie. rocky with little or no sand. Good luck.

10. Re: Nicest Hotel in Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 01:21