We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Trip and change clothing

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Island Trip and change clothing

Hi all,

Pardon me if question is naive, but I just want to be sure.

When you go for island hopping like say Phi Phi islands, are there places to change clothes, I may wear swim wear beneath while going to islands, but once i get in for snorkelling etc. I might need to change clothes are there changing room on boat ? Specially for girls how to change clothes.

Please let me know.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

HI

the boats will have toilets on board so u will have to change in there if u like. some people do after swimming ect for the trip back.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

we went yesterday with phuket sail tours (fantastic trip). We all sat around in wet swimmers and maybe threw on a tshirt and shirts (that got wet anyway) for dinner.

The toilet on our speedboat was sooo tiny, you would have trouble changing ur mind, let alone ur clothes

cheers from Karon

shazz

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

There really is no need to change, most people have their bathers under their clothing every day they are on their holiday - you dry quikcly.

Changing in the toilets would be a mission, they are small and wet generally speaking, enjoy the freedome of being in your bathers!

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

great thanks for response!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

Yes, as all previous posters claimed, there really is no need to change. Feel free to bring a small backpack with a change of dry clothing, if need be for the ride home. Most people had on their swimsuits under their clothing already. We did several tours while in Bangkok in July, and for one in particular, it POURED rain, so a change of clothing helped NOTHING since everyone and everything got soaked!!! LOL! Additionally, just trying to urinate in a toilet on one of those tour boats is a challenge, never mind changing in one! Good luck with that! Also, when you get to some of the islands, there will most likely be a larger restroom area where you can change comfortably if you needed to.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

great, thanks! all the replies are much helpful.

7. Re: Island Trip and change clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:18