We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horizon Karon

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Horizon Karon

I am thinking of changing our plans to the Horizon Karon's club rooms because there is a good deal that includes dinner.

We are currently booked at the Centara Grand in Karon so standard wise it just doesn't seem to compare but it is almost half the cost with added benefits such as the dinner and the club lounge benefits.

As it will just be hubby and me the club area at the Horizon sounds quieter as children are not allowed there, whereas at the Centara there will be lots of children, so that will be a bonus.

What is holding me back in particular are the views. Although there are superior rooms that have sea glimpses you have to walk up a bunch of stairs all the time to the top floor. The club rooms are supposed to have a garden and pool view so I am imagining that the views are fairly restricted even though the building is three stories. It looks like there is a nice (distant) view of the ocean from the breakfast restaurant and I am wondering if there are other places on the resort where there are nice views of the hills and water?

Australia
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horizon Karon

We stayed at the horizon 14months ago,we were in the family section,we stayed on the top floor no lifts,felt like I was on a boot camp,climbing stairs all the time and the hill,bit of a struggle .we also had dinner meal included,it was average.great resort but there is a lot better resorts out there,check out the kamala beach resort, adults only resort right on the beach only 10 mins from patong

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horizon Karon

Thanks for the advice.

3. Re: Horizon Karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 16:18