We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phuket nightlife

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
phuket nightlife

Can anyone enlighten me on the prices of a beer at soi bangla and patong? Any bigger clubs there? How much for a bottle of whiskey? Oh yes. Is there like a disco somesort the same concept as hollywood bandkok and pattaya with thai live band playing and frequent by mostly locals? Cheers!

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: phuket nightlife

Oh yes. I'll be staying at indigo pearl resort. Are there any bars or clubs on nai yang beach? What are the prices. Thanks in advance!

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phuket nightlife

Most of the Bangla bars charge 100B for local beer and 70B happy hour until 10pm.There are a lot of bigger clubs such as Hollywood,Tiger,Seduction and Taipan.Taipan is free entry all night and local beer costs 120B for Chang and 140B for Singha but you can get buy 1 drink and get a free shooter vouchers from people handing them out in Bangla.Tiger costs 180B entry and you get a free drink but i was there last week and it's absolutely packed by midnight.Hollywood is mainly the younger 18-25 tourist set and Seduction is the more European crowd.Rockcity next door to Taipan has a rockin band every night,mainly ACDC cover bands.

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: phuket nightlife

Anywhere with thai rock bands? Hmmm. Feel like heading to somewhere with less tourist! Haha. Thanks for all the info though. Really helps a lot! Cheers mate. Anyone heading there next week? Will be there on friday.

Edited: 15 August 2011, 03:57
Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phuket nightlife

Stay out of Patong if you want less tourists.The Hard Rock has a local Thai band most nights but they're not that great and drink prices are 250+ for beer.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phuket nightlife

You will find in Phuket Town but not in Patong or the tourist beach areas.

There 'used to be' places frequented by lots of Thai people with Thai bands and singers in the 90's but they are long gone.

Not sure though that you would want to go to Phuket Town and head back late.

Places in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Hat Yai etc all have places frequented by lots of Thais and have the Thai rock and pop bands, singers, dancers, whole atmosphere but apart from Phuket Town itself that is all you will have.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Hat Yai
Hat Yai
Songkhla Province, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: phuket nightlife

Yup. I know. I've been to the thai clubs on ekamai in bkk and thai clubs in many other provinces as well. I've visited many places but this is my first time to phuket. Just like the crowd and atmosphere in these places instead of those gogo bars. Haha. Thanks for the advice!

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: phuket nightlife

thanks for the heads up on prices john, 100bht is about £2-00 uk for one bottle, £4-00 a pint!!! thats well expensive what with our exchange rate its more or less the same price as a pub in the uk charges

i don,t drink alcohol anymore so that,ll save me money

i reckon its best to stock up in drink from the 7-11 and fill up the loom fridge , the beers far cheaper there, thats what ill be doing i wonder if i can get alc free beer there? probably not , i still like to sit at a bar &have a drink in my hand , but it would need to be alc free

here i drink becks blue , but its extortionally expensive in a bar the most i paid was in a pub in highcliffe -2 bottles in a pint glass--wait for it--£5-20-!!

you can buy it on offer here in a 6pack for £2-50--abt 42 pence a bottle

ps, i hate to think what the b/g,s are charging now!

Edited: 15 August 2011, 08:39
Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: phuket nightlife

100baht is the most I would pay for a local beer. I remember in pattaya I was having a mug of hein for 50baht. Some sort of happy hour all night long. I doubt if its that cheap over in phuket. 70baht for happy hour I think.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: phuket nightlife

You have to remember that Bangkok is a very very large city with a population of close to 10 Million in Bangkok Province alone. As such, you would expect a huge base for the discos to draw their business from.

Compared this to Phuket, which according to a 2010 census has about 525,018 including a foreigner population of 115,881.

I suspect you won't find the likes of Bangkok Hollywood or RCA with huge thai turnout as Bangkok. This is a resort destination and the main business is tourism.

Perhaps some locals may know of a few gems for the thai locals...?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: phuket nightlife

As said, in other resort areas, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Hat Yai etc there are plenty of which the OP wants but they have their own local populations plus lots of domestic Thai tourists who visit them, so that is why there are plenty.

Patong and the coastal beaches of Phuket I agree are very different as it is a foreign tourist destination.

However plenty of people from Asia do also enjoy Thai style entertainment places but in Phuket those would be in Phuket Town.

There used to be years ago plenty of places in Patong when it was more of a mix and lots of local people also lived there, but I am going back to early and thru the 90's.

Phuket town has lively venues but not sure if OP would enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Hua Hin
Hua Hin
Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, Thailand
Hat Yai
Hat Yai
Songkhla Province, Thailand
Patong
Patong