We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai airline

Wonthaggi, Australia
9 posts
Save Topic
Thai airline

Could any one help me we are flying Thai in two weeks what are the flights like and what is the flights like for kids . then from Bangok to Phuket cheers Al

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai airline

Flying from where to Bangkok?

The local flights on any airline Bangkok-Phuket are indifferent as they last a little over an hour. Thai use some old planes on domestic routes, and you will likely get better aircraft and better fares with Bangkok Airways, Air Asia or Nok Air.

Wonthaggi, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai airline

Flying from Melbourne.

melbourne
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai airline

we have flown thai airlines and find them great, children are well catered for

and as bbtony has stated when you do your stopover in Bangkok you will be boarding an older plane, but that is for a short part of your journey

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai airline

We travelled from Europe to Bangkok twice last year with Thai and although the service is very good, staff, food etc the entertainment is the old system with a couple of drop down screens which isn't great for a long haul flight.

tasmania
Level Contributor
342 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai airline

hi,

have done 4 long haul flights with Thai from both Sydney to Chiang Mai & Melbourne to Phuket. All the flights we've had for the first section leaving Australia, and for the section leaving Bangkok to Australia on the return, we have had our own personal smal TV's. Service has always been good with very pleasant staff on the planes. Haven't had children with us, but the hosties are Thai and they love kids so imagine they would be great with them.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai airline

Flights out of Melbourne all planes have personnel video on demand .units. Staff are wonderful and the food is good (well as good as airline food can be)

Out of Bangkok most likely a 747 with drop down screens but its only an hour.

I prefer to fly with Thai but going with jetstar in 5 weeks due to the short booking time and saving over a thousand dollars for 4 over any other airline.

The hardest part of your trip is driving on the sth eastern to Tullamarine.

Enjoy

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai airline

I am flying from UK to Thailand and did not choose Thai Airlines as our tour operator had already informed us of the lack of seat back entertainment system. For me on a long haul flight this is really important.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thai airline

We are lucky in Aus we get the new planes.

Worcester, England
Level Contributor
269 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thai airline

Im flying Thai - for the money we saved, personal screens were not a worry - weve just loaded some films on the I -Pad -that way we watch what we want too.

2 more days to go :)

Louise

Wonthaggi, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Thai airline

thank you all for your replies and yes Davnic its a pain driving two hours to the air port but will be worth it when we get there .