We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over the water huts

Whitefish Bay...
Level Contributor
178 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Over the water huts

Are there any hotels that offer huts on stilts over the water? We are planning our honeymoon and would really love to splurge and spend a few nights in a hut above the water.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Over the water huts

If you are thinking of resorts like Soneva Gili in the Maldives - the closest thing to it in this part of the world would be Pangor Laut in Malaysia.

Some great photos of Soneva Gili are Here:

1ofakindhotels.com/Soneva-Gili-Resort-Maldiv…

and some good photos of Pangor Laut Resort are here:

5starmalaysia.com/Malaysia-Best-Luxury-Resor…

I am not aware of anything comparable in Thailand. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I am not aware of it.

I too believe that kind of setting is world class wonderful

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,526 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over the water huts

There is Koh Chang Sea Hut - see www.koh-chang.com/bangbaoseahut/INDEX.HTM - but whether this is comparable to the incomparable Maldives or Pangor Laut is debatable.

There are however many luxury destinations in Thailand that would provide you with a memorable honeymoon in Phuket and elsewhere.

Other than being over water what else would appeal to you?

3. Re: Over the water huts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 21:15