We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard to make a decision on a hotel

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hard to make a decision on a hotel

Can someone give me same advise witch hotel is better in the phuket? Cape Panwa or The Kee Resort & Spa

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard to make a decision on a hotel

These 2 hotels are complete opposites, not only in style but in location. Cape Panwa is in a completely different part of Phuket to the Kee resort. CP is in a quiet part in the south of the island and the Kee is in the more lively and hectic Patong.

I think you need to decide on what part of Phuket you want to stay in and what type of holiday you are after before comparing hotels.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard to make a decision on a hotel

There are also a couple four-star hotel/resorts on Cape Panwa - I think what the previous poster is referring to is the Sri Panwa - which is a very fine five star resort.

The point about Panwa and Patong being different ends of the spectrum are spot one though. Your experience and perspective of Phuket will be quite different depending on which you choose.

Do you want a holiday in the heart of the "action" that is Patong or in the heart of the other quiet and peaceful and beautiful Phuket/Panwa/Laguna/Mai Khao - etc.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
133 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard to make a decision on a hotel

I was also looking at the Cape Panwa Hotel. I've decided against it as I was looking for somewhere within short walk of reasonably priced restaurants - posts seems to indicate none nearby.

We are late 50s couple, looking for good beach (clear water, white sand, fairly free from hawkers), plenty of eating places, but away from the party crowd.

Any suggestions for a beach?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard to make a decision on a hotel

There are at least 6 restaurants (not including the hotels) within minutes of Cape Panwa Hotel.I found them all very reasonably priced.

A couple of a restuarants that are 10 minutes away will come and pick you up and for more choice the hotel has a shuttle bus into Patong for the evening for 300 baht return. Or a taxi into Phuket Town. Although I found the local choices so good i didnt bother leaving the local area last time.

The hotel has a beautiful beach (it is tidal though) and there isnt a hawker in sight. No party crowds. Not sure where you got the idea there were no restuarants close by?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
133 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard to make a decision on a hotel

"Not sure where you got the idea there were no restuarants close by?"

You are right. I misread a comment in the hotel review. Back on the consideration list.

6. Re: Hard to make a decision on a hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 00:18