We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

Queensland...
Level Contributor
133 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

We have 12 nights in Phuket early November. I've decided to stay about 5 to 6 nights at the Cape Panwa Hotel, and perhaps 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Mai Khao after we arrive as it's close to the airport. Not sure where to stay the remaining time. Perhaps in Kata or Karon beach area, as they seem to have more eating places & the better beaches?

I'm considering either Katathani Beach Resort or Kata Beach Resort & Spa, as you can get sea views, beach front & some eating places close by. However the sea view room tariffs are stretching our budget a bit.

Don't mind a bit of a walk up/down a hill to get to the beach, but prefer no roads in front. Want to avoid staying in Patong. Any suggestions for hotels in other beaches?

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

hi

we stayed at the kata beach resort and spa and i cant speak more highly of the place. perfect location, beach front with lots of little places to eat close by plus a money changer and tour booths etc.

we had the grand deluxe room as we managed to score an awsome deal as it was offseason when we went $75 a night hands down best room ive ever stayed in.

hope this helps if you have any questions ask away :-)

Marley

Queensland...
Level Contributor
133 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

I like'd like to stay in the Kata beach resort, however in November the Deluxe Seaview room is about $300/night. I'm hoping to find a better deal somewhere, or start looking at 3 star resorts.

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

Wow off season sure does make a difference. Where did you get those prices from? We went through a travel agent

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

We stayed at the Katathani -- not much in the way of shopping/restaurants. You have to go toKata which is about a 10 min walk but up a mighty steep hill there an back.

Hotel has lovely grounds/swimming ppols etc right on the beach.

Rooms were Ok but nothing to rave about.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

I think Kata beach resort and spa is under renoivation until 31 Oct. Make sure it is finished as they quite often go over time. We were looking at staying there next week but the renovations put us off. We settled for Horizon Karon beach resort and spa. Got a wonderful deal but it is still low season. It is not beachfront though you can get seaview rooms. Worth having a look at!

Linda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

Which type of room did you stay in - I'm going in 2-3 weeks & have booked grand suite?

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

We have booked into Boomerang Village in Kata which is up a hill and has good reviews so maybe worth looking at. They have transport down to the beach everyday if you don't want to walk. We have a Garden Suite which is around $80- $90 per night (would have to look it up to get the exact amount). These suites have great views of the town and ocean. We booked direct with them.

Edited: 10 October 2011, 06:53
Queensland
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

Just checked and it is about $98 AUD per night for the garden suite.

9. Re: where to stay - beach front Karon/Kata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 03:17