We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

Bolton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

Hi, I was just wondering whether anybody has had any dealings with this company

www.thailandtoursonline.com/

I was going to book my excursions with these guys and just needed to know whether or to go ahead or if they are reputable

Thanks in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

There are lots and lots of tour companies you can book with when you get to Phuket and you usually get a better deal than you would on line. There are some great boutique type tours like "phuket sail tours" that you should book in advance. Here's the link,

http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

They sell out quickly because they take smaller groups, keep away from the tourist areas and are simply better run. Trust me they are worth the money, just check out the reviews on TA. There are some others like John Grey Sea Canoes which also have fantastic reviews. Do a search in the FAQ section and you will see them all listed. If you want to go down market a little there are loads of cheap and cheerful day trips you can book for sailing trips, speed boats, ATV's and go karts, elephant tracking etc. All can be booked at the stalls on the streets when you get there. Also check out the FAQ's for drivers you can hire for a day to take you around the island, definately worth the effort. Good luck!

Edited: 12 October 2011, 22:22
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,484 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

I don't know them, but from their website can tell you 2 things:

1) they claim to be very big and doing lots of tours, so count on real mass tourism;

2) they say they are member of TAT, as required, but don't mention their license number on their site, which is peculiar and a violation of TAT rules.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

Also remember one thing if you book online....

If it rains or storms on the day you booked,it really isn't much fun....

I used to always book my day trip the day before I decide to go....I would check the weather forecast at reception....If the next day looked fine then book...

However,this is ok for low season....High season is a different matter as far as crowds are concerned....

So depending on when you go too....

Bolton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

thanks for the super quick responses.I guess I'll wait til I get there and have a look around. Only 15 days 8)

Thanks again

5. Re: On-Line tour companies....Are they legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:18