We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

Hi i Will be in phuket on the 8th november 2011 . arriving around 7 pm at the airport. Can anyone tell me the easiest and the cheapest way so i wont get ripped off...cheers

Edited: 25 October 2011, 11:44
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

We are staying at the Bel Air in May next year, They will be collecting us from the airport for 900 baht, easiest option I think. Don't forget to give a review of the Bel Air when you return, so we know what it is like, as there have been mixed reviews so far.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

I have check on phuketshuttle.com and for a round trip its 1400 THB... Just wondering how much a taxi would be? I will comment and rate the Bel Air when we get back ive only heard and read good things thus far.. Thanks for commenting....

Queensland...
Level Contributor
132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

I haven't been to Phuket, going next month. General advice seems to be get a metered taxi, and cost will be (from memory) about 600 baht to Cape Panwa.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

I'm leaving on Friday so I hope I've got this right - another TA can confirm. Best option is metered taxi - having said that the meter will not be on. - this is how it works. Exit airport building & turn right & walk up some 30-40mtr up to yellow sign saying "metered taxi" avoiding any approaches that will offer you a "cheap deal". There will be a booth - go up to the counter, tell them where you're going (it will be a fixed cost), they will give you a voucher with the amount written down & upon arrival you pay the driver that amount.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

am wondering why you don't get Bel Air to pick you up? Their cost seems reasonable to me, and much more convenient.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

Did you contact the Bel Air to pick you up from the airport?? How much was or is the cost???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

see my original answer on here.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

steins002 has it right. I paid 550 baht to Cape Panwa Hotel (which is 5/10 minutes further past the Bel Air) last August. But if unsure getting the hotel to pick you up is a good idea, even if a bit more expensive.Its $30 versus $18 (approx) which is still a bargain compared to Australian taxi costs. Its a 50/60 minute trip in an air conditioned van or taxi...relatively cheap in my opinion.

I organised a pick up too the first trip to Thailand as it was late at night and I was not familiar with Thailand..made me more comfortable. But now I am used to things I get a taxi.

Jealous of all of you heading to Cape Panwa and Thailand! Have a great time.

Regards

Georgette

Edited: 26 October 2011, 07:44
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

Are there a lot of taxis there late at night I arrive around seven or so and would like to know ifit is easy to get one at that time.

Thank you for you all of your responses been a great help.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice for transfer from airport phuket to Bel Air Panwa

Are there a lot of taxis there late at night I arrive around seven or so and would like to know ifit is easy to get one at that time. Also what about if you have children do they have. Children seat or do they sit on your lap.??

Thank you for you all of your responses been a great help.