We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 month accommodation suggestions

Rugby, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
3 month accommodation suggestions

My partner and I are due to arrive in Bangkok on Nov 8th and are staying in Thailand for a few months. Our original plan was to tour the northern region before making our way down towards Phuket/Koh Samui but due to the flood warnings we have now decided to make our way straight down to Phuket. Can anyone suggest any accommodation that we could rent for a period of around 3 months costing up to B20,000 per month? We have heard that accommodation has become more expensive in Phuket and wonder what we will be able to get on our budget. Also, which method of travel would be best for getting there from Bangkok, given the floods? All comments will be much appreciated

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

I am not sure if you need Condominium or Room only. According to your budget Asia Loop Guest House Patong can be a great choice if you need room only. Starting price is around 600 Baht. For long term stay you can negotiate with the owner.

Italian Owner Name: Marco (Very nice and friendly person)

Mobile: 0066815381808

Address: Sirirat Rd. 2-17/20 | Patong Beach, Patong, Phuket 83150, Thailand

I have personally stayed there thrice with my wife. This guest house is a 5 story newly constructed property, I think not more than 2 years old. Bathroom and rooms are very clean having spotless tiled flooring, minibar, safety locker, closet and a balcony. Roof top swimming pool is a plus. Location is also very convenient, next to door is a 7-Eleven store. 5 Minutes walk to Bangla road, 10 minutes walk to Junceylon and 8 minutes walk to Patong Beach. Only negative is no elevator.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297930-d159562…

We will also arrive to Bangkok on 5th November 2011 and I have plans go to Phuket by Bus. In your case if you want cost effective travel then I would recommend going by Over Night Bus. The buses bound for Phuket leaves till 8pm or 9 pm from South Bus Terminal. Buses owned by transport company are much reliable and will arrive to Phuket within 10-11 hours. without making any stops except toilets for not more than 10 minutes.

Southern Bus Terminal: +66 2 894-6122 known as Sai Tai.

http://www.transport.co.th/main.asp (Bus company website

May 2011, I paid 487 Baht for Phuket- Bangkok leg. Bus left at 8 pm and arrived to south bus station bangkok around 7 am next morning. Same rule applies for Bangkok- Phuket leg. Bus was very comfortable having a lower and upper deck. I prefer lower deck because of more space and less people. They provide washed blankets and a juice drink as well.

If you prefer flight then www.airasia.com is the best bet.

For the floods you need to keep an eye at latest News and Bangkok forum recent topic " Bangkok Flood"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k481…

But I think till 8th November 2011, things will already be started to get better.

I hope this helps.

Have a safe journey and good luck.

Rugby, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

Thanks, you've given us lots of info there to ponder over! We had intended travelling by bus but with the flooding we weren't sure if the buses would still be running. The price you quoted of 600 baht for Asia Loop Guest House Patong, is that per night? I am assuming it is. Have a safe journey yourselves!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

You are most welcome. Yes the price I quoted is per night. Please remember that my last visit was in low season May, 2011. The owner is so nice that he upgraded us to the Deluxe room in 600 Baht per night. All features I have mentioned above are for the deluxe room. Starting price 600 Baht is normally for the basic room without window but all features remain same except no balcony. In your case you should talk with him about balcony room.

But as I mentioned you before that there is a room for negotiation regarding 3 months stay. I am sure that he must offer you a very attractive price for your whole stay. Better talk about lump sum amount and try to get maximum discount he can give you. I highly recommend you to pre book your stay because high season already started.

Below is the Flickr link. I have uploaded the ticket picture which we bought back in May 2011.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69219576@N06/6292244468/in/photostream

You can ask the taxi driver to take you to the south bus terminal and if possible take a print out of this picture and keep it with you. The reason is that, there are different bus operating companies counters located at south bus terminal. Some touts will also ask you to buy the ticket from them. Don't make any mistake and just ask some reliable person to show you the ticket counter of TRANSPORT COMPANY. If they do not understand then you can show them this ticket print out and I hope they will clearly understand what you want.

I will arrive to Bangkok on the evening of 5th November 2011. We will directly head towards the bus station from airport. When I arrive to the bus station and safely get the bus, I will update this post right away directly from my mobile and will share my experience with you. You can check this post later on 5th or 6th November. So that you will get the latest update.

Cheers!

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

phuketgazette.net/archives/…article11317.html

"Meanwhile, the management of the New Southern Bus Terminal, the main terminus for buses from Bangkok to Phuket, has said southern bus services will relocate to Suvarnabhumi Airport if flood waters keep rising.

The bus terminal, located in Thon Buri, has been surrounded by floodwaters for days, with officials warning of further rises in water levels.

However, Chob Putthasupha, the Station Master at the bus terminal, told the Gazette today, “We are still fully operational for all buses heading to Southern Thailand. Although the whole Pinklao area is flooded, we have not yet been affected by the flood waters.

“If the situation changes, our backup plan is to operate all buses to the south from Suvanabhumi, where we already run several bus services to Southern Thailand,” he said."

Rugby, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

Thank you so much, you have been most helpful.This is our first trip to Thailand so we are unsure what to expect but intend enjoying every minute of it. I hope your stay is a pleasant one!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

some sites we have been using recently for searching long term rentals. It is cheaper the further you get out of Patong, but you can find basic studio or one bedroom condos for around 25000 baht per month in Patong. Sue

www.houseinphuket.com

www.siamrealestate.com

Phuket
Level Contributor
867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

You can get one bedroom bungalows in Kata for 12,000 t0 15,000 per month. You don't get the daily cleaning service for that though.

If you're going to be here for the full 3 months, I'd suggest booking a cheap guesthouse room for your first week and then looking around for villas when you get here. You'll get a better feel for what area you want to be in too.

Rugby, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

Thank you, we'll have a look at the websites now!

Rugby, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

Yes, we intend having a look around first before settling on a place but the prices you quoted for the bungalows are in line with what we were hoping for. Thank you once again.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 month accommodation suggestions

Southern bus terminal closed "(SAI TAI MAI)"

Published: 31/10/2011 at 03:07 PM

Online news: Local News

Tweet

The southern bus terminal on Boromratchachonnani road will be closed from 6pm today due to flooding, Transport Company president Wuthichart Kallayanamit said on Monday.

He said the area around the bus terminal had been flooded, making it difficult for passengers to reach and leave the terminal.

The company will open a temporary terminal at the Holland beer hall on Rama 2 Road, which can take about 60 buses at a time, Mr Wuthichart said.

bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/264048/southern…

Courtesy bbtony