We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

Cranford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

I've seen these photos online but cannot find where exactly these are located:

1. thailandparadise.com/phuketphotos/phuketmain…

2. destination-phuket.com/images/phuket_bootje.…

Thanks for the help!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

1) looks like Phang Nga bay somewhere? or Krabi

2) James Bond Island

that's my guess anyway!! :-)

Edited: 01 December 2011, 01:19
Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

The second one is James Bond Island in Phang Nga Bay. If you go on a tour, they take you to the beach to see it from that view. Not sure where the first one is, but it looks like the same area.

Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

Yes, second one definitely James Bond Island in Phang Nga bay.

The first one is Railay beach, near Ao Nang, I think.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

Oh you know what Rachel, I think you are sorta right. It's not by Ao nang though, it's Phra Nang Beach near Railay. Bad me for not recognizing it when we've spent many days on West Railay and went to Phra Nang several times, lol. Think it was just at a different angle than I am used to seeing it. :)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

The first one looks like it was taken looking out from Poda Island, I have a few very similar photos on the link below. We went on a longtail ride from Ao Nang beach over there. I agree the second one is from James Bond Island.

http://tinyurl.com/6yykuzz

Cathy

Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

I'm sure you're right Cathy. It's bigger and further out than the outcrop at Phra Nang.

Thanks, Halilee, for the clarification, it's been 15 years since I was there but that's no excuse to check my facts!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,416 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

I'd go with Cathy on the first one, if she don't know no one does. The second one looks like james bond island taken 25 years ago minus 500 tourists and a similar number of market stalls on the beach.

8. Re: Beach Photo Here - Which One is It

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 00:16