We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangla Road

Perth
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Bangla Road

We are going to phuket with our two kids ( 11 & 9). we wanted to go to Bangla Road one early evening just to have a look and see what the action is all about. ( not go in the gogo bars!) is there a safe and decent time to go with kids?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
107 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangla Road

Yes ,it is safe and you can walk with your kids till about 8 ,after that it can get risqué for kids

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangla Road

It will depend how mature your kids are as too whether they will unstand what goes on. But its not that bad, even later at night, you just see the ladyboys frocked up like in Pricilla, and bar girls/boys dancing on bars. Worst you willl see is a bit of boob.

Kids will be more focused on the glowing things they are trying to sell, more that the bar Girls.

Go and have fun

Michelle

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangla Road

Bangla is safe to go with Kids people dont run around naked and there arent gun fights, kids like the colour & commotion of the place and usually the touts leave u alone when they see you are with kids.

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,754 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangla Road

Think of Las Vegas but on a small scale without the gambling!! ;)

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangla Road

I agree,

Bangala rd is fine for kids, they might see a bit of boob now and again but i'm sure they will be more focused on the bright lights & things for sale,

Have fun

Vinny

Geelong
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangla Road

Take the Kids into the Blue Lotus on Bangla and get them a seat at the bar and a Sprite get yourself a beer or 2 and watch the goings on while sitting and relaxing. There are no working girls in that bar either. Kid friendly and happy to host kids. You can enjoy the Road while the kids play connect 4 or another board game. No one misses out then.

Perth
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangla Road

Thanks guys, always so kind with your advice!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangla Road

My girls love getting their photos with the lady boys and we have never had a problem walking with them down Bangla Rd.

Nellie

Perth
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bangla Road

Yes will definately do that! I've already explained to my kids about the ladyboys and get some photos with them! Lol :)

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bangla Road

There are a few bars where women are 'dancing' in a certain way, which you might or might not feel appropriate for your kids. I notice women hanging around men, but if they see you as a family then that is how you will be treated.

We have seen many families and couples along the road and they are not hassled at all. The more risqué types of places I think aren't really on too much show.