We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet stars new planes

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Jet stars new planes

Just boarded flight from Phuket to Sydney and aboard a new jetstar plane, very nice.

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
293 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet stars new planes

Woohoo, just what I wanted to hear! Booked one for June, Syd to Phuket, fingers crossed we get a new one too.

Happy New Year!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet stars new planes

They are great I did the Bali to Sydney flight , a bit quicker abit more room and enterainment units in the seats with some free tv shows and a usb port to charge your electronics with and there is a in board chat .

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
816 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet stars new planes

Does anyone know if you get one of the new planes that have the seat back entertainment units and you have booked and paid for the video on demand units - do you still have to pay per view for the movies in the seat back thingy? Thanks, Karen

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet stars new planes

Karen, dont stress what will be will be and you will find out in 14 days, its going to be a surprise!!!

Shell

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
816 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet stars new planes

Not stressing Shell, just don't want to have to pay to watch movies when we have already paid for the VOD - would be nice to have the extra room on the tray table though!!!!!

House sitters coming this afternoon so we can meet them, they are sitting a house across the road and one down at the moment and actually lived next door to my hairdresser so that's a load off my mind - to know they are nice people.

Still can't quite get my head around the fact that we go in 2 weeks, think it is because we never go away at this time of year and we have been so busy with new carpet, getting the house back to some sort of order etc.

Looking forward to it though, will sink in when we get to the airport I think. Hope so anyway. Kaz

Edited: 01 January 2012, 02:11
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet stars new planes

All good kaz if you have booked an entertainment unit the in seat unit is automatically turned on.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
816 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet stars new planes

Thanks for that, good to know if we get one of those planes. Kaz

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet stars new planes

You just need to get on that Plane Kaz and all will be perfect. There will be way too much stuff going on in your head right now.

So wish I was coming too.

Now heres to hoping you get the new plane!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet stars new planes

I wish I could get on a plane, any plane. I new it was all to good getting a brand new plane out of Phuket now our connecting flight has been cancelled and waiting on jetstar to find an alternative.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet stars new planes

We booked the video on demand for the trip back from Bali , But Jetstar changed to the new plane with the seat back entertainment units , I had to show the ticket proof of purchase . Then they switched them on , with no problems .

Its $12 for New release movies and TV shows and $15 for the games as well as the movies .

And you can pay by credit card on the units

Edited: 01 January 2012, 05:09