We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Weekend Market

Kalimantan...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket Weekend Market

would like to go to Phuket Weekend Market for shopping. Is it worth it and as nice as Chatuchak Market in Bangkok? How far from Patong beach? Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

I have been to the Phuket markets and they are certainly large and crowded. I think they are more touristy than the Chatuchak Market in Bangkok. I bought some nice handicraft items when I was at the Phuket market. On the other hand, there are some great shops in Phuket town for handicrafts and shopping is a lot easier. We took our own rental car and parking was difficult at the markets.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
427 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

Phuket Night Markets are one of my most favourite places in Phuket..they are similar to Chatachuk Markets..not as big, but certainly as good in my opinion.The prices are much lower for many items that you can get in Patong and lots of local bits and pieces that you cant get in Patong. I totally recommend a visit. Make sure you have at least 3 or four hours to walk around. They start around 4.30pm.

The trip to Phuket Town from Patong is around half an hour..depending on the traffic.I recommend getting a driver to take you and pick you up. Definitely not a tuk tuk.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

Hi, Where is the Phuket weekend market? Is it in Phuket Town and what time does it start? Thanks!

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

Honestly just came back apart from sunglasses at 100bt prices are pretty much the same as patong for what it costs in transport we didnt see much difference really 50-100bht here & there a whole $3

T shirts are still 150bht unless your a small. jeans we where getting in Patong for 700bht same as markets, actually got Billabong shorts cheaper in patong they wouldnt move off 700bht at the markets & i got them for 500bht, i found the quality in Patong better too my kids wanted superdry T shirts not a hope getting them under 500bht at the 2 market stalls we founf them in got them for 350 in Patong, and the same suitcase we needed for the extra shopping ended up getting it in Patong for 1500bht opposite Black canyon best we could do at the market was 1800, we actually went to the market on the 1st Saturday to suss it out as a comparison in the mindset of going back the following Saturday when we compared prices, we didnt bother, saying that the Phuket Market was cheaper 2 or 3 years ago but now i think its much of a muchness.

Phuket, Thailand
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

It's just off of Chaofa Rd in Phuket Town.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

Guys

If you buy shoes at the Night Market, just turn them over to be sure they have not been worn already.

I got a pair for $ 6 Aus, turned them over and they are slightly worn !

No problem. At that price, I can walk in dead men's shoes (if that's what they are) .

Trevor

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

Hi

It is not as nice as the Chatuchak market in Bangkok although it is well worth a visit for casual clothing.

Have fun!

scotland
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

Hi,

I have to agree with Hawk1991, we are just back from Patong on 9th January, went to Phuket weekend market, waste of time and money for taxi to and fro, OK if you want second hand clothes and shoes, you can find the same in Patong if you look, but, better still, Chatuchak market or many other markets in Bangkok is cheaper and more of a choice. This is only my opinion, you would be better going and checking for yourself if not sure.

Janice

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

HI

we found the stall owners to be very rude, the prices that they were starting at were lot higher than at Patong, I was very disappointed by the experience and wouldn't go again. But there were a lot of food stalls which were fabulous - lots of different food to buy and try.

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket Weekend Market

PS the food is amazing at the night Markets though

Fish Cakes and the fresh sqeezed juices YUMMO!