We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Schools in Phuket

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Surf Schools in Phuket

I'm considering going to Phuket for my wedding/honeymoon in early September/October and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good surfing school and surfing area for a beginner surfer? I've read taht Kata is good but quicksilver had an event there. Any input provided would be greatly appreciated....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf Schools in Phuket

Hi BM...Early September/October is still well within the surf season on Phuket so in your case,this is great for surf lessons....

Phuketsurf.com and Nautilus are at the extreme southern end of Kata beach tucked away in the corner and smack bang on the beach....

For surf lessons and board rental prices go to Phuketsurf.com....

Kata Beach is the most popular for surfing beach on Phuket but by no means has the best surf....

I think the competitions are on in September..??...I know the Competition at Kalim is on in September....Not sure about the Quiksilver...??...Altho' Kalim could be a Quiksilver sponsered event....

Anyway,I met the guys and girls from Phuketsurf and they are really friendly and I must commend you on giving surfing a go....It's full of fun and laughs tho' quite exhausting for a beginner....Guarantee you will have a great nights sleep....Slap on plenty of sun block or wear a long sleeved rash shirt...

Whilst in Phuketsurf.com,check out the TUBE bar/restaurant...They have a fabulous all u can eat barby on Friday nights for 199 baht....Then retire to the SKA bar after dinner for refreshing drinks and friendly chats...Great night out...!!.....Have fun...!!

2. Re: Surf Schools in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2013, 10:19