We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Phuket would be enough

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Phuket would be enough

We are planning for our honeymoon for two weeks on November, we are not interested in staying at bangkok or visito hostorical sites or shopping ... as merely we want our trip to include : beach, sun, relaxation and nature , forests and lots of land, sea and air activities ... How many days to spend in phuket ? And where else to go ? Thanks alot for your help ... Appreciate your advices I am totally lost her

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

for me you can not have too much time there!! I would spend the whole 2 weeks, and maybe stay in a few locations

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

Hi

I would do 8 days in Phuket and 6 in Khao Lak, good mix of 2 totaly different locations and only 1.5 hour drive apart

Khao Lak has 25kms of beautiful beaches and lots of lovely resorts many beachfront, plenty of good dining and small bars, markets and shopping, but best for r&r at the end of your hols

happy planning :-)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

I would also split it up between Phuket and one of the islands but I would also spend at least 2 nights in Bangkok.

Milwaukee, WI, USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

We took our Honeymoon march 2012 in Thailand and spent 5 nights in Phuket and that was way too much for us. The beach is ok but the water isn't as blue as I'd hoped, and there are lots of dirty old men with their Thai women (or boys) hanging out with them on the beach.

If we were to do it all over again I would skip Phuket all together. (Sorry Phuket lovers) Everyone we talked to that had been said skip Phuket, but we were dead set on going, I think our time would have been better spent elsewhere.

If you are as dead set as we were and still want to head there, I would avoid staying in Patong cause that is where most of the craziness happens. Bangla road reminds me of Bourbon street in New Orleans, if that's your thing head there at night.

If it's not too late include a trip to Phi Phi I would have traded all of my Phuket days for Phi Phi.

I agree with Chrella Bangkok is awesome is deserves a visit!

Check out our full Phuket report with pics at: gettingstamped.com/2012/…

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,622 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

Two weeks, same as Michelle if its a holiday. Lots to see and do.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

I agree that there is lots to see and do, so 2 weeks would be great.

Re the comments about the sleaze and Bangala Road, well they were obviously looking for it.

I doubt there is a place on this planet that you cannot find this sort of thing if you look. (Perhaps Mecca etc)

I have been many times to Patong and have not seen all the things mentioned because I know what places to avoid.

Edited: 07 November 2012, 06:28
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

Even 2 weeks is not enough to see all that Phuket has to offer, so I would spend the whole time there as you would also want days for relaxing etc.

Bangla Rd is just one road, you do not have to go there, but its really nothing to avoid. Phuket has many beautiful places & things to do.

Honestly what is the problem with men & their Thai wives, girlfriends etc enjoying the beach, they are normally on the beach once it cools down as are many families, no problems. Sounds like the previous poster saw absolutely nothing of Phuket:)

If you want to do 2 destinations, then you could also look at Krabi or Koh Lanta, both are beautiful places & easy to get to.

Cathy

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

Well said Cathy.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,382 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

Adam L, please understand that this here is the Phuket forum. Diametrically opposed views regarding Phuket not quite living up to the Utopia that many feel it is, are an unwelcome sight.

Cheers.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days in Phuket would be enough

Phuket Utopia, to funny:) But there is nothing wrong with saying there is more to Phuket than Bangla, people need to look outside the square a bit more, surprising what else there is to see & you can bet that if those so called dirty old men were with western women, not Thai they would not get a second look!

Cathy