We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

I don't know if I am going to include Phuket in my SE Asia itinery this year or not. I will be travelling solo but I am worried that in Phuket it is mostly a family of honeymooner destination.

Is there a reason to worry?

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

Depends what you are looking for.

Phuket is a highly developed busy tourist island, everything from budget travellers, singles, couples, family, seniors, a very big mix.

Thailand has countless beaches and islands that range from places with resort areas with McD Stxbxcks Irish, British and Euro pubs, fish and chips and budger bars to tranquil laid back beaches with hammocks under a palm, and lots in between.

So depends what you are seeking (?) - also time of year can affect which beach / island areas have best weather

Edited: 17 January 2012, 19:24
Mentioned in this post
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

Clackers

As said Phuket has a very wide tourist range. But there are so many people that go there solo, you certainly, wont feel out of place.

Michelle

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

Phuket is certainly not only a honeymoon destination, in fact I would say that it's so busy that there are much better destinations in Thailand for a honeymoon. It is a great destination for singles, backpackers and families so you'll have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

Hi, I been on my own on Holiday to Phuket about 4 times and its fine for solo and solo female travellers. Any questions feel free to message me. Julie

5. Re: Is Phuket popular for solo travellers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 10:19