We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood displayed on boats filled with ice?

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood displayed on boats filled with ice?

I've never been to Phuket.

I remember from my last trip to Samui, we had BBQed seafood by the beach every night. The raw, fresh seafood was displayed on wooden boats filled with ice right by the beach and you basically pick and choose what you want, weight it and the restaurants will cook it to specification. It is done likewise at Phuket?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood displayed on boats filled with ice?

Hi there,

Yes there are many places that to this in Phuket.

Cheers, Pete

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood displayed on boats filled with ice?

Heaps of places that have it like thank and with tanks with Lobsters and crabs, you will love it

Michelle

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood displayed on boats filled with ice?

The only thing I would say is that only buy raw lobsters, crabs etc as least they are cooked fresh, whereas if cooked sometimes you don't know how long they've been there. Plus avoid fish with cloudy eyes ....... apparently!

4. Re: Seafood displayed on boats filled with ice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2013, 10:18