We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loved every minute

london
Level Contributor
567 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Loved every minute

Well after what seemed like trvelling forever we arrived at our resort, The pacific club in karon and it met all our expectations we had a two bed appt. with the biggest balcony i`ve ever seen, it was quiye late so we had a few drinks and went to bed, but being so excited it was hard to sleep.

we spent our first day just chilling and exploring karon,which we all thought was lovely,our first night we went to moma tri`s boathouse, not that impressed we found it to be quite souless and over priced, however we all agreed that it was a mistake to keep comparing things to goa(where we normaley holiday) where you can eat in amazing restaurants for a third of the price.

Today was a day we had all been waitng for , we went on a sail trip with phuket sail tours, there were only 4 of us and wow what a day, we saw things that will stay with me forever, and captain Mark was brilliant, talk about the feel good factor we overdosed on it.

Went into Patong to Nicky`s handlebar to meet up with Bom and other t/a members, didn`t stay long as we had an early start the next day, but made plans to meet up again.

Another great day was out for the day with Daj our driver,who was great, he showed us all the sights,Bom had sent me a list and which we followed, he talked us into doing an elephant trk which was a real highlight of the day, also the place he took us for lunch which was was stunning right on the sea front, with amazing views and food, he said it had only been opened a couple of months, we were all really impressed, Daj (recommended as most things we did by cathy& gary) was the perfect host,and to finish a lovely day we stopped at a bar on the way down from the big buddah which again had the most beautiful views.

spent the next couple of days relaxing, and exploring. i cant find the words to describe our pool,we were quite high up so once again stunning views to karon beach below and a jungle back drop.

Our next trip was on a speed boat to phi phi and other lslands, again with P.S.T. this time our host was sean, who was reaaly warm and friendly, he took us to some lovely places, my favourite being bamboo island, ireally did feel i had arrived in paradise, lunch at a beach restaurant was gorgeous, with loads to eat, there was a great crowd on the boat including pandora and her crowd fro t/a, infact the whole crowd were great and we all got on really well, there was plenty of room on the boat, everything about the day was perfect.

Back to our hotel, quick change and off to the karon cafe for dinner, this restaurant suited us all as they did both thai and western food, we ate here a few times as the food was really good.

Got back to the hotel and left a message at reception for Harro who was arriving from Australia (another t/a member) went back to our room, My husband was feeling unwell so went to bed, about 10 mins. later there was a knock on the door and what a lovely surprise, it was Harro so he came in and we all sat on the balcony and had a few drinks, we hit it off straight away and were laughing and joling within minutes.

Another great restaurant we tried (again recommended by cathy&gary) was su krewit, a floating fish restaurant, Daj picked us up and it was about a 40 minute drive, we were then picked up by a long tail boat and taken out to the restaurant, great authentic food, but a brilliant expierence.

Went back to nicky`s with Harro and met up with Bom, loved the vibe in this place,had alovely meal and then got shown around, again what a surprise, out the back of the bar they have a motor bike themed hotel, with amazing bikes cars etc. i really cant describe the rooms they were so different, real jaw dropping stuff, and so impressive. would reaaly like to stay here. Anyway had a gorgeous meal and then we all went off into patong had a lovely time, but the heavens opened and we also had an early flight the next morning, i felt really sad to have to say goodbye to Bom and Harro, would love to have apent more time with them.

so all in all a fantastic introduction to a beautiful part of the world.

Next stop Kanchanaburi, which i fell in love with.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loved every minute

Great JBR Deb, so glad you had such a good time there and with the Aussies.

Your PST trips sound like they lived up to all the hyp we place on them, they are such a great day out as you also now know, worth every cent or pound as the case may be

I find Thailand soooo cheap to eat, I cant imaging how cheap Goa is.

Thanks for sharing

Michelle

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loved every minute

it was great to meet you deb even tho briefly at Nickys yes it is an amazing place. photos of you all are on the review of Nickys. hope you did get to do the bridge on river Kwai and tiger temple

Sanctuary Point...
Level Contributor
574 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loved every minute

Thanks for a fantastic report Debs, and so glad the rest of your trip was great. I too felt sad to say goodbye such a great night with good food, great cocktails and of course fantastic people.

Pusskat I will have to have a look at the photos, still collecting mine and sorting them out. Barbs from Canada was kind enough to send me some of Phi Phi. Such great people here on TA

Cheers

Bom

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loved every minute

Great trip report Debs and glad that you had a good time.

The rooms at Nickys are quite amazing and I like his collection of cars and bikes. The little pink Harley on display suits me perfectly :-)

Edited: 02 March 2012, 08:00
Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loved every minute

Nice JBR Debs, a great read. Have to agree with you on the Boathouse, nice food but waaay overpriced.

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loved every minute

Hey Debs , lovely place isnt it . So glad we saw each other on the Phi Phi trip it was amazing . Must write my JBR soon too, so much to write about ,luved it heaps .Enjoy your rest of your holiday xx

london
Level Contributor
567 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loved every minute

Thanks guys, and yes pusskat did everything we had hoped to in Kanchanaburi. i have never been so moved as i was on the hellfire pass walk. Think i`m gonna have to give Aus. a go and track down all my new mates. Bom beware !!!!!!!

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loved every minute

Hi Debs, Mark here.

It really makes us very happy to hear that people have enjoyed their time with us so much. Thank you for letting us know. I am glad that you had a great holiday.

Mark,

Phuket Sail Tours.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loved every minute

Debs,

Great to hear you had a great time. On our first trip we really loved those first few days just chilling out and exploring. The PST trips are great too, we've done a couple and loved them both. Still have to check out Nicky's, that's something to do this year!.....and maybe PST again lol

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loved every minute

Sounds like a lovely holiday!

Agree with 'Chell' about PST, they always live up to the hype (the good hype) and deliver far above the down hype!

Shame you did not try the pole dancing in Patong . . . . . ?