We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a special restaurant

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
118 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a special restaurant

Staying at Indigo Pearl at Nai Yang Beach - willing to travel, looking for a beautiful restaurnt to celebrate special birthday - cost ins't an issue - can anyone help?? thanks Jill

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

Well as you are willing to travel I could suggest the Baan Rim Pa between Kalim and Patong...There has been mixed reviews about this place however I personally don't mind it at all and I think it's worth at least one try....The location is amazing...!!...Prices are similar to Australia and I think the meals are really tasty...I don't know of any special restaurants that are close to IP...Sorry...??..

There is also another wonderful restaurant above the Ska bar at the southern tip of Kata Beach....The restaurant is on the side of a cliff amongst a huge tree...Sorry..Can't remember the name of the restaurant..??..But it is fairly pricey/upmarket and absolutely gorgeous...

One entrance is a walk around the front of the Ska bar to some steps,walk up and you're there...However this is only accessible at low tide....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

hers another vote for Baan Rim Pa, its at the far north end of Patong over looking Kalim. There are 3 restaurants in this group. We went there last year for my birthday stunning views to watch the sun set. As said prices are Aus prices (sydney) We at and had dinner and cocktails at Joes Downstairs. For 3 of us with 3-4 drinks, 3 tapas, 3 hamburgers(god they were good) 1 desert, and 3 coffees it cost us about $200.

http://www.baanrimpa.com/#

The other really nice place would be Mom Tris Villa at kata beach

http://www.villaroyalephuket.com/dining.html

Michelle

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

Jill

I second Aussie 1 - try Mom Tri's.

Here's parts of my review:

“Magnificent View - Superb Food”

Reviewed 16 January 2012 We went to Mom Tri’s Kitchen at Kata Beach in January 2012.

We were seated in an area open to the moon and the stairs, on the edge of a low cliff right on the sea with a panoramic view between the coconut palms across to a white sandy beach curved around the bay. What a magnificent view!

The food from the extensive menu and the service were superb – as you would expect in a restaurant which is part of a resort which has consistently been a World Luxury Resort nominee.

Before you think you need to win the pools before you go there the most expensive dish on the menu (a lobster dish) was about $ 43 Australian dollars (about the same U.S.) Most of the menu was well below that. Wine like everywhere in Phuket (all imported) was fairly dear. Their full menu is on their website.

Trevor

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

People travel to Nai Yang to find what your looking for Jillh.

There is Black Ginger at Indego Pearl and a few minutes walk away you have Thai at Siam.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

I also think nothing wrong with Baan Rim Pa, nice setting large menu good wines.

the Boathouse in Kata and Kan Eang 2 or the Kan Eang @ pier in Chalong are nice spots.

http://www.kaneang-pier.com/

Edited: 09 March 2012, 02:18
Wollongong
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

Isnt C@ Nai Yang in the Indigo Pearl area? I have heard good reviews, never been myself.

Might be something to investigate.

Unless im totally mixed up and confused, I thought that it was just within walking distance of the Indigo Pearl, tho we have stayed at Indigo twice and we dont remember seeing it there.

Maybe someone else can confirm? Sorry if im passing on false info, thats not my intention!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

I should have mentioned C@naiyang 10 minute walk from indego just past the Dewa hotel. Easy to find just follow the signs.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

I second Baan Rim Pa- why, love the spirit of Australian Sue over here,and also Das.

Special restaurant with special service.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

Mom Tri's is also very special and the setting's fabulous but haven't been there since it changed hands, so don't know about the food.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a special restaurant

on Baan RIm Pa- had hosted few dinners over here- so I will be in contact with Sue and Das to inform preferred seating- table perced on cliff, dish availability(so the chef can prepare ahead), and selected desserts,and also depending on my guests- level of spiciness preferences- so, e.g. I have to servings of (say) green curry chicken..one is less spicy,and the other...the authentic true Thai taste.

Then Das sharing his expertise on wine matching.