We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agoda query

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Agoda query

Hi All,

I always use agoda.com to book my hotels in Thailand & never had a problem...until now.

My problem is that I want to book a room for 3 adults...rooms are quoted per room for 2.

Does anyone out there know how much an extra bed usually costs??

Cheers, Lynn

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Agoda query

It varies from hotel to hotel, but an average is about 500 baht per night. If there's a 'special request' box or something similar put it in there. Also be aware that prices quoted on Agoda are not the total amount - there are per-day fees added at the final payment stage.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Agoda query

Hi bbtony,

I know about the fees & taxes at the checkout stage...just cannot find a price anywhere for the extra bed...and can't book a triple room.

I think this trip might mean booking direct with hotel :(

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agoda query

Why don't you book directly with the hotel, very rarely are the prices cheaper with agoda and if they are if you contact the hotel they will match it or even cheaper as they don't have to pay commission.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Agoda query

Thats true in some cases but not all. I remember walking into a hotel with a printout of rates from Agoda and asking for the same rate; I was rather rudely told to book It with Agoda if l wanted that rate. Some hotels will haggle over rates while plenty more won't, especially in the high season.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Agoda query

At some hotels, they won't allow 3 adults in the same room for certain room types. Most will allow a rollaway bed, but not all.

Try checking various other website that show room types and their maximum occupancy. The hotels own website should tell you.

I also have had no luck getting a better price direct thru the hotel in Phuket.

Edited: 09 March 2012, 17:14
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Agoda query

Have you tried any other booking websites ?

No one can say what the extra bed would be / if possible as you have not sais the name of the hotel

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Agoda query

This is what Agoda have to say on the FAQ page.

The extra bed rate will be displayed in the booking form when the number of guests exceeds the standard occupancy for the room type or when you search for hotel availability based on 3 people per room. If the 3rd person is a child under 12 years of age you need to tick the extra bed box in the booking form first for the rate to appear.

…agoda.com/info/agoda_faq.html

Wollongong
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Agoda query

Which hotel is it? Someone may be able to help......

Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Agoda query

I booked a triple room with them last year.......directly through the site. They must have changed the booking system. Why don't you use the contact us option on the website to see if you can book 3 in the room. If not why don't you just google the hotel name and see if you can use another booking agent that will allow you to book for 3.

10. Re: Agoda query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 July 2012, 00:05