We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel is better?

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel is better?

I'll visit Phuket this Sep and decided to stay at Kata Beach. Now, I'm choosing between two hotels: METADEE RESORT & VILLAS and KATA PALM RESORT AND SPA. Can anyone tells me which one is better? Btw., if I want to visit Khao Lak, it's there any bus from Phuket airport to there? Thanks so much.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel is better?

Hi Bunson....For a question such as this...you'll need a poster who has stayed at both places to compare....

However,our choice for our next trip is Kata Palm Resort...Good reviews and it looks fine to me....

The Khao Lak question...The bus question can be answered in the Khao Lak forum...However if you wish to catch a taxi...I would advise you to use Boss@cheaperthanhotels.com...He is the most favoured taxi company to use for Phuket to Khao Lak runs and he is also the cheapest.....Prebook..!!

The bus ride is a heck of a lot slower...A taxi from airport to Bang La On/Khao Lak will take approx 1 1/2 hours depending on weather and traffic....

If it rains=slower....

I would highly advise you to spend at least one night in Khao Lak...One day is nowhere near enough time...!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel is better?

Just like the previous post, I also haven't stayed at the places you mention so can't help with your hotel choice but Phuket Shuttle run a private transfer service Phuket - Khao Lak for around 1500baht ($45) each way. Many TA members use their transfer services and they are highly recommended and reputable in addition to being local.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel is better?

Thanks both of you. I think I'll go for the Kata palm too.

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel is better?

We are booked into kata palm in may.:-)

5. Re: Which hotel is better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:25