We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

Philadelphia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

Hello,

I am a college student who will be graduating in May and am traveling in SE this summer. Myself and 2 friends will be in Phuket for 4 nights in early July and I am having a hard time finding a reasonably priced hotel (under $100/night) with a pool that is on or very near the beach. We are indifferent where we stay but would prefer to avoid Patong. I have also considered looking for hotels in Khao Lak because I have heard good things about the beaches there. Any advice on Khao Lak vs. Phuket and hotels that fit the aforementioned criteria would be much appreciated!!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

If you are going in the off season May to October you can definitely get a hotel on the beach in Khao Lak for under $100. Did you look at the deal at Le Meridien? It is mentioned in another thread on here. Oh sorry it is on the Khao Lak forum. Here is a link to it.

travelzoo.com/au/…

Linda

Edited: 21 March 2012, 21:02
Philadelphia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

Thanks for the suggestion Linda but the least expensive room I could find at Le Meridien is about $200/night.

To clarify, I meant around $100/night total not per person.

Any other suggestions?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

Hey Alex...Yes you can definitely get accomodation on the beach in Khao Lak...

Nang Thong Bay Resort to be more specific....They have beach bungalows in the low season for 1500 baht/night...$50

Step out of your front door,walk across the lawn and you're on the beach in 30 seconds....

There are numerous hotels/resorts on the different beaches in Khao Lak ,some within your price range...

However,our choice is NTBR...!!...So,if you want to save some $$$...Read the favourable reviews....!!

Khao Lak vs Phuket...??...We still love Phuket but Khao Lak occupies a special place in our heart....Beautiful place...!!...

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

It is us83 per room per night. Minimum stay 3 nights

Exclusive to Travelzoo subscribers, stay at the 5-star beachfront Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach Resort & Spa for just $79 (US$83) per night with a 3-night minimum stay. Packed with valuable bonuses and discounts, this offer saves up to 52% off regular nightly rates and is valid all the way through October.

Linda

Philadelphia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

Great thank you I did not see Le Meridien deal!

Still would like any suggestions for Phuket hotels also if anyone has any.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

I hope you appreciate that July is rainy season for Phuket and Khao Lak, rain is one thing, but sea swimming can be red-flagged when dangerous.

Any particular reason not looking at other island areas that have better weather at that time such as Koh Samui area ? - or any reason it has to be Phuket ?

Philadelphia...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

I am aware that is is rainy season, however we decided it was worth it because of the lower prices during the off season.

I would be open to other areas, however our flight to and from Phuket is already booked.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

We've had pretty good weather in Phuket June/July, but it is a lottery. You could easily get 4 days of rain.

IMO, unless all you want to do is lay on the beach, stay in Patong. Not that much life anywhere else that time of year. There are places you can stay in Patong that, once behind the walls, you could be anywhere. Admittedly, other beaches are nicer to laze on.

I don't know what sites you are looking at for rooms, but it seems they are the wrong ones as others are finding rooms under $100 easily enough. And be aware, just because one site states "no rooms available", don't think there are no available rooms. It just means they don't have access to any of them as other agents have booked an allocation.

As for hotels, you really need to decide on which beach first. And maybe say what is more important to you, eg location, facilities, pool, close to nightlife etc etc

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

Check out the Asia travel website, as they usually have good deals but I doubt you'll find a hotel that is directly on the beach in Phuket for that price

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
242 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Under $100/night Phuket hotels on the beach

We are staying at "The Grand Sunset Hotel" in Karon in April. Price for a 2 bedroom suite was 2430 thai baht incl breakfast, that converted to $98 New Zealand dollars so will be much less for US$. Only king sized beds though so someone would have to share.

Its quite new - opened Oct 2011 and is a short 2 min walk to Karon Beach.

Someone on this forum stayed and recommended it, so we are trying it. We booked directly with the hotel.

http://grandsunsethotel.com/location.htm

Trip Advisor reviews tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1215780-d22695…