We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September or December for Phuket with kids

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
September or December for Phuket with kids

Guys I need help it's first I have to option starting of September or end of December when should I visit the Phuket I m traveling with my two kids 6 and 3 year old mainly we would love to enjoy beach swimming pool and other activites like pai boat trip zoo and all other family related stuff kindly help me what to do

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

Yep September just scared me the rain how. Much it is

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

September or December....??....First of all September is so much cheaper than December....

For accomodation you will save half or even more on hotels or resorts in September....Much cheaper....!!...

Far less crowded in September also.....

The zoo I would give a miss.....Far too many negatives written up about the zoo about the mistreatment and horrible conditions the poor animals have to endure....

All boat trips are pretty good....Bond Island is way too commercial now....Our favourite is Koh Pan Yi ~ The floating fishing village..!!...Phang Nga is beautiful...!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

Don't worry about the rain....It rains occasionally in September and getting near the end of wet season....There is a lot of sun during September....Been there,done that...!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

September has on average the heaviest rainfall of the year, the wettest month of the monsoon season. October is the 2nd wettest of the year.

How much for how long or how often of course varies

Beaches can be red-flagged in September so you may not be able to go into the sea due to dangerous rip-currents

December should be much better weather

Av rain:

September : 417 mm October : 350 mm

December : 70 mm

www.tmd.go.th/en/province_stat.php…

Beaches vary from very busy crowded / nightlie to very quiet.

Kamala, Kata, Karon are busy but not too busy. Surin and Bangtao nice in December.

Edited: 01 April 2012, 04:12
Phuket
Level Contributor
868 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

If you want beach time, definitely come in December. Even if it's not raining in September, the sea is likely to be rough.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

Definitely December, why would you want to risk getting rained out when you can choose a dr month.

7. Re: September or December for Phuket with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:21