We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reggae Bars / Clubs in Phuket - Bangkok

London, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Reggae Bars / Clubs in Phuket - Bangkok

Where can i find Reggae bars in Phuket and Bangkok?

im staying at the Indigo pearl so thats up north of the island and then staying at Rembrandt Hotel in the heart of Bangkok (so i am told)

Im after a real reggae bar, not one that play 1 or 2 tunes inbetween the usual pop music but real rockers, roots music.

Any information would be Fantastic!

look forward to hearing from you all.

Best regards,

Andy.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reggae Bars / Clubs in Phuket - Bangkok

Hi Andy...Well I am not sure what you are really after..??..Perhaps the real reggae bars can be found in Jamaica..??...However,I can recommend the Ska bar @ the extreme southern end of Kata Beach/Phuket...No pop tunes/only reggae....There is also another reggae bar/restaurant about halfway up the hill coming from Kalim on the right hand side,heading towards Kamala direction...They also have reggae clothes and stuff...I do hope they're still there tho'...??...

There is also another reggae bar and I hope it's still there...It was/is behind all the facade of the Bangla Road shops/bars up towards the Rhatuthit Road end....As you walk towards the beach along Bangla,the bar/shop is on the right and out the back,I think behind Tiger disco....However,I also hope it is still there...Sorry I couldn't be of more help....We looked everywhere for reggae bars and clothes and found these three...

Sorry..Can't help with Bangkok....

As you are staying @ Indigo Pearl...Khao Lak is quite close @ around 30-45 minutes drive...

There is another bat in Bang Niang/Khao Lak....The bar is @ the rear of the market stalls and altho' they are not purely reggae....This small bar is for local and visiting musicians who may wish to perform on the small stage if they so wish...Excellent bar and extremely friendly owner...!!...BTW...Khao Lak is wonderful...!!

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reggae Bars / Clubs in Phuket - Bangkok

one reggae bar in bangkok is on khao san road ( http://www.reggaebarbangkok.com/ )

Level Contributor
38 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reggae Bars / Clubs in Phuket - Bangkok

There's a great one on Bang Tao beach.

tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g297…

You can sit here watching the sun set with an ice cold beer whilst listening to Bob Marley.

4. Re: Reggae Bars / Clubs in Phuket - Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 06:16