We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

glasgow
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First timer

Hi Guys,

Traveling to Malaysia this Aug and hopefully travelling to Thailand (phuket) amongst a few other places.

So many questions to ask but i wondered what is the best way to take spending money i.e change some to currency beforehand and then have some english money or take dollars or tavellers cheques or one of the credit card type things, i dont want to lose out on charges and commision etc.

Also has anyone used air malaysia to fly - i was dissapointed when i booked and learned that i can only have 20k luggage allowance, i telephoned them try and pre book more and pay for it but was told no its not part of their policy. 20k doesnt seem like a lot for long haul esp if you want to do a bit of shopping when you get there.

Thanks everyone

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer

20k is standard for most regular economy flights and has been for years.

Your question about money -

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

Check out the Top Questions on the right of the page.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer

ow many times did you post this thread??????

3. Re: First timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:17