We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rydges Amora Beach Resort

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rydges Amora Beach Resort

Hi there.

Going for our first time in Phuket from April 7 - 19 this year. This site have been very helpful to us, so thank you especially to PhuketRichard and TedKarma. We are staying at Rydges Amora beach resort on Bang Tao Beach.

How are the mosquito situation in April? We went to Pattaya last year in february/march and didnt see any mosquitos there. My wife is terrified about spiders. Is that a problem in Phuket? We like to shop, relax and enjoy the beaches. Have we made the right choise with Amora Beach Resort?

Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rydges Amora Beach Resort

Mosquitoes this time of year will depend a bit on how rainy it is/has been. They will also depend on the type and how much vegetation is around. Personally, I don't have much trouble with them.

I regularly am in the Amora Beach Resort and haven't noticed any particular problem. Nor with spiders! I think the geckos make quick work of them.

Did you make the right choice? Depends on what you are looking for. Bang Tao is a quieter area - and I like it for that.

Photos and info about the Amora Tydeges Resort:

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now