We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 hour stop-over in Singapore

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
1 hour stop-over in Singapore

Will we be able to do anything at the airport such as shopping etc?

Or will we not have the time, just curious because I heard Singapore airport is like a shopping centre :)

Thanks in advance guys and girls

- Daniel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

bettr than a shopping centre, it has EVERYTHING, movies, free foot massage, bars, restaurants, wonderful butterfly atrium. Returned from Phuket last week, and we had stopovers at Changi Airport to and from, and had no trouble entertaining ourselves!

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
937 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

One hour might be what it takes. I would be more concerned with getting to my gate on time than shopping. But, hey, I'm a guy.

Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

Hi Daniel

Once land make sure you are check in for your next flight and know which gate and terminal you are flying out. With just 1 hour is not much. After you do all that you might have time to make a run for shopping. You can always do duty shopping on the plane.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

Yes 1 hour will not give you much time, highly efficient and excellent airport

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

youll be amazed at this airport but dont thin k youll have enough time to see it please be aware that they DO change gates you have to keep an eye on the TVs because it is not announced

Level Contributor
189 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

I don't think 1 hr is sufficient for shopping. You would probably need to reach the gate for your connecting flight before it closes. So 60 mins is really cutting it fine, especially if your inbound flight is slightly late.

Do note that Changi has 4 terminals. It's relatively easy to get around within Terminals 1 - 3, they are all connected by Skytrain. However getting to/from the Budget Terminal requires taking a free shuttle bus.

Also, note that the Skytrain connecting Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 are separate trains. You cannot take a Skytrain say from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2.

The Terminals are arranged like an inverted 'U' with Terminal 1 in the centre and flanked by Terminals 3 & 2 on either side.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 02:44
7. Re: 1 hour stop-over in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:16