We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to thailand!

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
First time to thailand!

Hey guys!

Im looking at organising my first trip to Thailand. Most probably staying in the Phuket area.

Any advice on hotels, or tours or things to do.

Best area to stay?

Im travelling with my partner. We are both 21 :)

Looking forward to reading your replies!

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to thailand!

First thing you need to decide is if you want to stay in party central (Patong) or if you want a more laid back holiday such as Karon or Kata.

My nephew and his girlfriend (both 22) just stayed 2 weeks at Patong Merlin and they had a great time.It's close to everything and opposite the beach.

If you want more laid back,i'd look at Kata Beach Resort and Spa which is a 15 drive south of Patong.It's right on the beach and the beach is much better than Patong.

Have a look at both on Wotif.com,i book all my accom through Wotif and save around 30% than if i went through a travel agent.

You can fly Sydney-Singapore-Phuket with Jetstar,book online and save even more.

Edited: 29 May 2012, 03:07
Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to thailand!

Also the photo above my name is Phi Phi Island Village and it's amazing but more expensive than Phuket.You'd only need about 4-5 days here and spend the rest in Phuket.

Tasmania, Midway...
Level Contributor
172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to thailand!

Phuket FantaSea would be fun, a sort of zoo/theme park/cabaret/dining experience,

I can recommend Simba Sea Trips, a tour to Phi Phi Islands and surrounds (where they filmed 'The Beach')... It's a bit more expensive than some other tours but SO worth it not to be crammed in with 40 other people, rushing from one place to another as fast as possible)

Sawasdee Village is a lovely place to stay, short walk to the beach, go across the road for cheap massages, their FB site is here:

facebook.com/pages/…129535387065304

Between $82-$250 aussie dollars per night :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to thailand!

When do you plan to travel? Weather can be a factor.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to thailand!

Thanks for the quick responses guys!

I was looking at staying patong and yes! had heard about the wonderful simba sea trips.

Phi Phi island village looks beautiful! I had no idea you could actually stay there,

much to learn, i know -_-

im looking at travelling possibly towards the end of the year? late november early december...

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to thailand!

you will be there peak time so cost is higher patong merlin is fantastic so close to everything and beautiful resort atmosphere just got back on 7th of may after 8 amazing nights heard alot about simba but never used them used Phuket Sail Tours they have a yatch and speed boats worth doing youll really enjoy recommend to hire a driver for the day have a look at some of the things to do on T/A select some good ones and email panya who has his own vehicles up there just means that you wont be in a group (Private Car) have fun

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to thailand!

If you could travel before November 1,you'll save a fortune as it's low season until then.

PPIV is Heaven.

8. Re: First time to thailand!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:41