We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk!!!!!!

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Milk!!!!!!

I am asking some very odd questions I know, but with kids I need to be prepared..:)

I know milk in some places does not taste the same as in Australia...ie. fiji. (it is terrible), can't rememer in Malaysia.

Anyway, just wanted to ask the experienced Aussi'es if the milk in Phuket tastes like here? If not, I could bring some of the long shelf life stuff for the kids, especially the little one.

I'm crazy, I know..haha but thanks if anyone can give me the information:)

geelong
Level Contributor
488 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk!!!!!!

It tastes crap! I take over sachets of milo to mix in, otherwise enough long life milk for 2 weeks holiday weighs sooooo much

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk!!!!!!

Thanks mrspottzy. I know it will be heavy, but might keep the formula for the baby and take 3 or 4 for the other kids... One bonus is that weight wont be there on the way back! :) Replace it with shopping lol Thanks again.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milk!!!!!!

I drink a lot of plain milk and the milk here is as good as we have at home, no difference. You can also buy many types of flavoured milks (just like home as well).

Cathy

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk!!!!!!

I agree with Cathy as we didn't have any problems with the milk in either Phuket or Chiang Mai.

Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milk!!!!!!

Well I am no expert in the taste of milk, but when I have visited Australia and had milk I have never even noticed any difference at all to what we have here.

I see no reason for the reply Post #1 relating to the taste of our milk !

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milk!!!!!!

oh ok. Is there a particular brand you buy that is like here? For me it's not a prolem, but you know how fussy kids can be.

Thanks again

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milk!!!!!!

I dont have a particular brand I buy all the time as it is all good! The one I am using right now is Meiji, honestly there is no difference, it is good milk & just like at home there is low fat, skim, full strength etc etc.

Cathy

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milk!!!!!!

My kids had milk with their cereal every morning & never made a comment that it tasted funny or complained so all good!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Milk!!!!!!

same same, I have milk in my Tea and it tastes totally normal , I am very fussy with my tea (even take my own Twinnings with me lol) Also drink it with Tia added to it, and also think it taste same, I never buy a certain one either, just whatever is on the shelf.

I have also never noticed anything odd about the milk with my cereal. If you have a problem , which you wont you can always get milo for it. I would keep the baby on what ever formula its use too

By the way not an odd quest, just a well thought out one, but dont stress this one it will be fine

Michelle

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Milk!!!!!!

the mehji milk(nom) is suprisingly good, i drink it cold

i don,t know where it comes from as i havn,t seen any cows anywhere, maybye its buffalo milk