We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Less than a week until we head to Phuket and I get a call from Singapore airlines. The flight from Phuket to Singapore is delayed one hour and we will miss connecting flight to oz. next available flight is 1 day later. Does anyone know if they will cover layover costs or are we just stuck? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Was it booked as a through flight from Phuket to Oz and paid for as one tIcket, or did you book separate tickets with each airline?

australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Points redemption on Singapore airlines as a single booking.

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,869 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

They should put you in a hotel for the night - this is compulsory for a wait of 8 + hours to the next connecting flight

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Once Singapore airlines did this to me BUT I had to ask and then they supplied a hotel. I was in Singapore trying to get to Phuket.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

I would call Singapore Airlines in the morning.

If you call tonight you will probably get transferred to their Singapore Center, but that is worth a try this evening.

We do not know your destination in Australia, but unless it is Adelaide which has 1 flight a day all the others have several flights a day. Unless there are no seats on the other flights available.

Strange as Silk Air flights tend to have lots of connecting passengers in particular to Australia. It could be a 'one-off' due to some maintenance issue or something.

I would certainly call them and see what they can sort for you.

Good luck and let us know.

It certainly is a nuisance to ay the least, but remember 'you catch more bees with honey' :)

Edited: 14 June 2012, 12:51
australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Thank you all for your comments.

We are flying to Sydney. I check on the online booking and at the moment we still have original flight at midnight, are waitlisted on 7am flight and are confirmed on next day midnight flight. So that is a good thing. There are 3 flights out of Phuket on that day, but the other 2 are not available for us, because we booked the saver tickets? We have not heard back from Singapore Airlines today which is why I ended up checking online. They rang twice yesterday and then said it had been given to the supervisor to fix and they promised to ring back. When? We don't mind too much if we get stuck in Singapore for a day, but haven't really budgetted for it (and I will be back late to work!)

I am stuck in meetings all morning, but will try and call them after lunch if they haven't got back to me beforehand.

It is good to know I can push to get a hotel if we get stuck with the worst case. (24 hour wait).

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

I often wish I could get this to happen to me more often. I love staying in hotels for free.

australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Hi All,

I rang them this afternoon and it is now a waiting game. We are wait-listed on the 7am flight and confirmed on the midnight flight. I was told we would know what was happening before we leave Sydney on Tuesday morning. I will need to wait until they contact me until I know what time I am flying out of Singapore and any other arrangements. I will let you know when there are any changes. At least I know I will definitely get home, but not much more at this stage.

australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

Hi All.

On way here we got a call in Singapore. They have got us on an earlier flight so now have 7 hour wait between flights. I was very polite and asked for either accommodation (as wait from midnight to 7am) or pass into lounge. No go on either. At least we are not waitin 24 hours now. Currently in KL and enjoying Thailand.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight changed by Singapore airlines will miss connection

At least you know now. Enjoy your holiday.