We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sam Driver and another question

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sam Driver and another question

Hi,

Just a quick question.

I have been trying to contact a number of the TA recommended drivers and I suspected they are likely busy as I have not heard back.

But I did hear back from Sam and he quoted the rates from his website 1450 per adult and 750 per child for a day of sight seeing.

That seem a lot more tahn most are paying on here. It does include elephant treking that I will take out.

Should I just email him back the amount that I know most people are paying. Below is some of the likely itinerary that I want to cover (how long to people think?)

Big Buddah

Cape Promthep

Wat Chalong

Sea Gypsy Village

Butterfly Farm

Kata lookout

Lemon Grass House

cashewnut factory

Gems Gallery - Worlds biggest Jellewery Store

oh and lunch somewhere.

Any other suggestions that are sightseeing that people recommend.

Are there any other driver recommendations other than Sam, Daj, Panya, and Kom.

Just want someone honest that has reasonable English and a bit of fun.

Thanks in advance guys for any feedback.

First time overseas with the family.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Does that include entry fees or just driving? Our driver is charging us 2300 for a full day with most of those sights (we leave sat week), plus we have booked lunch at a nice place, and I thought that was expensive compared to other drivers on here.

There is six of us. Maybe email someone else.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
341 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sam Driver and another question

We have Sam booked for about 7 different days in the coming weeks & our "day trip" is 2500THB for 10 of us. Incl only some of the things u are doing so maybe the things you are visiting that have entrance fees are what is increasing your price?

Sam is well worth it tho!!

Samantha :-)

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Her is Sam's reply when I asked him about the cost being so high. You have a bargain if he is only charging that for 10 people. My total will be 4400 baht for less places and the only place with entrance fee is butterfly farm and we would pay that. Will have to keep trying.

Due to I have used better vehicle, SUV Car, that is mean more safety, more quality, I am the Tourist guide license, issue by (Tourism Authority Of Thiland Goverment)

if you get the other driver, yes they could drive you but how about the right information?

Hope you are understand and hearing from you.

As you are required would complete with in the same day,

Big Buddah

Cape Promthep

Wat Chalong

Sea Gypsy Village

Butterfly Farm

Kata lookout

Lemon Grass House

cashewnut factory

oh and lunch somewhere.

Best Regards,

Sam

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Has anybody got recommendations other than the most popular. I don't mind giving somebody else a chance to build a reputation.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
78 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sam Driver and another question

There will be drivers everywhere in Phuket wanting to take you around the island. Why not wait and book there. More competition means better bargaining power and as you said gives someone else the chance to build a reputation. I like to share it around a bit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Hi,

Try Manop at http://showmephuket.com/services.htm

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sam Driver and another question

We normally wait until we are there to find a driver.When leaving the hotel to go for a walk you come across many drivers,after a couple of days of saying hi,you can work out the friendly ones with good English,and go from there.It helps if they don't think you've just arrived,and can charged inflated prices!

In my experience booking from home almost always costs more!

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Thanks guys.

jjumpstart - I did try Manop but didn't get a response. Panya has responded but I haven't been able to confirm anything yet.

I have a friend who says she has somebody or I'll waiting till I get there.

I would be so paranoid except that I have the kids with us and don't want to have to stuff around too much.

4 SLEEPS! Wow!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Try this bloke has got a pretty good reputation 'm_pukpaya@hotmail.com' He is pretty popular so he maybe booked out

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sam Driver and another question

Well now I am excited I have managed to book Panya.

Have to wait till second last day of our holiday but from what I hear it will be worth it.

The tour we ended up with is

Karon beach and Kata beach

Big Buddah

Cape Promthep

Wat Chalong

Sea Gypsy Village [Chalong area ]

Lunch

Butterfly Farm

Kata lookout

cashewnut factory

Back to hotel

We dropped the Lemon Grass House as it was too far out of the way.