We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi

I keep looking at the weather forecast & it's showing that's it's raining & thunderstorms every day & will be for the next month, we arrive on Wednesday hooray, can any one tell me if he weather as been that bad??.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

I read on a post further down that the weather has been great. We arrive next Saturday, so let's hope the weather doesn't take a turn.

Happy and safe travels to you:)

geelong
Level Contributor
479 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Before all the 'pro samui' posters get on here & tell you it's low season so expect rain, it will be hot, humid, might rain & it's gotta be a whole lot better than the weather at home!!!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

We have been here for 30 days now, there has not been any rain for the last 25 days, it has been very very hot & sunny. Today is a little bit cloudy, would be nice if there was some rain lol. The guys are riding to Koh Samui on Monday, so it will rain there for sure lol.

Cathy

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

We do actually need a bit of rain....it is has been extremely hot and humid. Some of the smaller businesses who do not usually have to rely on water deliveries from the water trucks have already run out of water and now need to pay for water to be delivered by the water trucks.

As Cathy says it is cloudy and a little cooler today....but there are still quite a few sun worshippers lying on the beaches. The red flags are out as well but unfortunately still many people ignoring them and swimming right where the rip tide is located in front of us on Karon beach.

5. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2012, 08:14
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

If you visit Phuket and surrounding region in the rainy season how much rain , how often, for how long varies. It can be clear or not.

But that is the chance you take.

Weather varies in Thailand from one region to another depending on the season.

Webcam live :

http://www.sawadeecam.com/patong-tower/

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

I am used to geting thunder showers on most days during monssoon season but we are now into our 5th straight day of rain ALL day. Yeah I know.....if you come at this time of year etc etc.....I don't expect it to be sunny all day but I just want the rain to stop for a bit.

FP, I think you might be going over the top a bit there. I think mrspottzy's comments were a bit tounge in cheek, she's not advocating censorship of the press or burning books here you know.

geelong
Level Contributor
479 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

FP I'm a fan of Phuket.........not of those who only seem to to trall TA all day long looking for where they can add in negative comments

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Got here 2 days ago, been raining. This morning was sunny while I was having brekkie, got so excited and ready for beach walk, and pour down again.

Check out the video I just posted

http://youtu.be/rq4snePa70U

10. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2012, 08:14