We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants, Day Spas, Money Changers, Laundrys, everything!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants, Day Spas, Money Changers, Laundrys, everything!

We leave in a couple of weeks. We have not been to Phuket for 10 years. We stayed at Merlin Beach last time. This time we are staying on the point between Kata and Karon. I am chasing info regarding places within walking distance of where we are staying. Would love some recommendations on restaurants and spas and where to change money and have laundry done.

I always do a JBR when we return, so will pass on good info to everyone on here. I always plan to review where we stay but seem to never do it (always have an attack of holiday blues when I return home). Hopefully this time will be different. Love this forum, everyone is great helping with details and info. Thanks.

australia
Level Contributor
882 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants, Day Spas, Money Changers, Laundrys, everything!

Have just returned from Karon. You don't mention where your staying would help as there are a lot of resturants etc all along the road from Kata to Karon. As for laundry I always just use the nearest to where I'm staying they all charge the same 50bht just wash or 70 bht wash and iron per kilo never had a problem. As regards money check out the exchangers as your walking down street we found they were all much the same only .20 i.e 31.42 or 31.22 bht difference was the most nothing at all.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants, Day Spas, Money Changers, Laundrys, everything!

Hi Bez1234,

Good to know that we can pretty much change money anywhere and sounds like same same for laundry.

We are staying at Avista. Seems to get a pretty good rap on here so hopefully it will be all good. We are after rest and relaxation and liked the idea of Kata being more laid back. We will probably only head into Patong for shopping 1 day, otherwise hope to do most stuff close to where we are staying.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants, Day Spas, Money Changers, Laundrys, everything!

Bump....

Maybe I have been too broad in my post..........

Just chasing some recommendations for these things close to the Avista.

Thanks everyone.

4. Re: Restaurants, Day Spas, Money Changers, Laundrys, everything!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 22:16