We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

We are planning a trip to Phuket this year Sept 2012.

We have narrowed our choices to The Residence OR the Ayara Kamala.

Has anyone stayed at any of these properties and can someone giude us in the right direction. We are celebrating our 8th Wedding anniversary and want a perfect vacation.

Thanks

Neel

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

Ayara - just my opinion - is probably a far better deal. It sits on a hill overlooking the sea on the Millionaire's Mile road out of Kamala.

Residence is nice, but just a whole different vibe. Probably about 500 meter walk to Bang Tao Beach.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

Thanks for that info.

I saw a few negative reviews on Ayara Kamal on trip advisor so now thinking twice. To be frank i have seen Ayara Kamala myself 2 years ago but i have not seen The Residence.

Which of the 2 properties have Indian Restaurants around the area? That will be the deciding factor :)

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

Neither place will have Indian food restaurants nearby. Both are relatively isolated in location, though Residence is near Cherng Talay - maybe 500 meters away. Ayara Kamala - probably two kilometers from Kamala.

If you stay at the Residence, ask to have your lodging as far away as possible from the garbage collection center that is next to the property to the south. I think they are nice places, easy walk to a decent beach. It is a good size property, so it will not be difficult to get away from the smelly bit.

Ayara has great views that Residence can't offer - so . . . scrutinize reviews and good luck!

Edited: 17 July 2012, 11:47
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

Thanks King Fisher!

Now you put me off the Residence. Will have to start the research all over again :)

5. Re: The Residence Phuket or Ayara Kamala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 07:17