We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning my November honeymoon and I can't decide whether to stay on Phi Phi for two nights or just take a day trip? Are you really missing that much by not staying on the island?

FYI - I was going to stay at Holiday Inn Pi Phi.

Thanks in advance :)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

I went to Phi Phi last year for the day. I had stayed there for 10 days some 12 years ago. If it is your first time there I would stay at least 2 days. The problem with going just for the day trip is that on the ferries you will only have a few hours there.

Good luck and enjoy.

Phuket
Level Contributor
577 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

Hi Tiarna ,

I know the Holiday Inn on Phi Phi well as I used to run my boat up there lot . It is on quite a nice beach - it faces East so you will get the sunrise and not the sunset . It is located about a 40 minute Long Tail boat ride from the main tourist area where you will find most of the restaurants and nightlife . If you are looking for piece and quiet and time to relax by the pool then this Hotel would be a fairly good bet . If you are looking for a bit more to do in the evenings then look for a hotel located in Ton Sai Bay . If you are looking to stay put in one place and avoid moving hotels then you can book a tour to the Phi Phi Islands from Phuket which will take you around the Islands . Make sure you don't get dragged into one of these cheap and cheerful tours though as you will probably be very disappointed .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

HI Tiarna,

Sorry can't help with Holiday Inn on Phi Phi, but would definitely recommend a 2 night stay. The Phi Phi you see after the day trip boats leave is amazing, hire a long tail boat and grab a snorkel and head off stopping where ever tickles your fancy, lots of deserted beaches and unique senery, which if you go early will be undisturbed by the huge fleet of day boats. Personally I would stay on Ton Sai Bay as I like to wander and eat in different places and the little markets are fun too or walk through the island from one side to the other near the Island Cabana Hotel. Also agree with Giles, if you decide on a day trip go with Phuket Sail tours, or Simba, who will be a little more expensive but you get what you pay for. Either way sure you love it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

Yes go and stay For Sure

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

....Giles offers a great trip to Phi Phi as well.

Mark.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
8 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

Stay! I love it there. It is my favorite place in Thailand. I have stayed a few places, but PP Palmtree has been my favorite. Very quiet and beautiful in the middle of everything, about a 3 minute walk from the beach. Stay in a room that walks out into the pool. That was my favorite part. Also go to PP Aquanauts and dive with Hugo or Laura. The whole team is great but I love them dearly! Say hi from Sam, if you do!

7. Re: Stay on Phi Phi or day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 06:17