We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in phuket

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in phuket

hi booked to stay in amari coral in nov but reading reviews of patong its seems a bit crazy...i am going with my husband while i like busy bars with plenty to do I dont want it to mad i.have enough time to change the hotel im not sure where else to look at ...dont want too long transfer would like somewhere close to a beach and nice bars/rest in the evening for around the same price as amari can anyone help please thanks C x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in phuket

Hi Charlotte , Amari Corral Beach is a nice Resort . It is located at the very tip of the Southern end of Patong . It takes a good 10 minutes walking to get to where the main Bar area is . Nice views from Amari too as well as having one of the best Italian Restaurants on the Island . You could check out KataThani Resort in Kata . This is right on the beach and only a 10 minute walk from some nice bars .

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in phuket

Banthai Beach Resort is in a great location and is also a good hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in phuket

Um... Banthai is right in the middle of all the Patong "madness". You step out of your hotel smack dab into it.

Once behind the walls of the Amari (or even at the bottom of the hill on the way to it), you are well removed from it all. The benefit is that it's walking distance into Patong (proper) when you want it.

A good alternative for (usually)less money would be Kata Beach Resort. KBR is right on the sandy part of Kata beach, whereas Amari's beach is tidal and often just a little patch of sand with rocks; you'll have to walk the 5-10 minutes into Patong to get proper sandy beach. But Amari is a far classier hotel with better views than KBR.

Katathani is on the next beach section past KBR, and is a nicer hotel with better pools and grounds. It is split into two sections (well, 3 with The Shores) so you need to be aware not all rooms are beachfront. It is more expensive than KBR, and IMO there's not enough around for me outside of the hotel compared to Kata Beach. Kata Beach is a 3 minute tuk tuk ride away from Katathani, or a short walk, but the walk is on the roadway.

I'd stay Amari.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in phuket

Agreed, Amari is a very nice hotel-have stayed there. The problem I have is that to go anywhere it is a fair walk and so one will be paying tuk tuk fares two or three times a day.

nottingham
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in phuket

hi charlotte

you could try karon beach area there are some nice hotels there i.e centara karon to name but a few its close to all amenities bars good food eateries ect and night market my self and family are going in november as well and are staying in karon as it seem to be the best place away from patong but easy to get to via tuk tuk or taxi wich is what we will be doing for shopping and some nights out with out the kids lol we will be there from the 8th till the 21st

good luck with every thing.

clive nottingham u.k

6. Re: where to stay in phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:17