We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian couple first time!

Fort McMurray...
7 posts
Save Topic
Canadian couple first time!

We are heading for our first trip to Phuket Nov 24th 74 more sleeps but who's counting lol. Staying at The Palm Beach Hotel in Patong and also spending a couple of days in Karon and Kata. In our mid 40s, and wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel? What are must do's while we are there. Any tips would greatly be appreciated. Staying for two weeks and want to do an elephant tour, and two or three other excursions. Love sitting in an outside cafe and people watch too. Thanks

Simba Sea Trips
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Chai travel and Day Tour in Phuket
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Phuket Best Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Hello Brian, and welcome to the forum. Good to have you aboard.

For a start, look at the 'Top questions about PHUKET', up there on the right.

Look at 'Things To Do' up there on the left. Then go to 'Tours', for traveler reviews.

Have a look at cathyandgarys travel pages. Heaps of info there, shopping, places to go, tours, restaurants etc.

After all that, ask questions here.

That should get you started.

I don't know if there are any Canadian Food Restaurants here. Not sure why that would be. Maybe the shortage of good moose.

All the best,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Trang, Thailand
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Don't miss Racha island...it is amazing

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian couple first time!

I would recommend Siam safari for elephant trekking! Their Animals look very well looked after and the tour is good value for money. They have a website where you can check their different tours and how much they cost, just Google them. I have also done a phi phi tour before which was great but this time I will be going with PST or Simba for any boat tours I do because of their reputation on here.

If you aren't hiring your own car, would recommend hiring a driver for the day to take you around to see the sites!

Enjoy your first time! You will love it!

Hayley

Fort McMurray...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Thanks Anyone stayed at the Palm Beach Hotel

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Trip Advisors comments on this hotel are very good. Nobody has had any complaints.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Fort...... ?. Nelson , St john. :), You are going to love it . We have been 3 times in last 5 years . Lots of fun restaurants and bars . Some more fun than others ! . The couples soapy massage sounds interesting . ( have not been ).....( yet). Ko Racha is nice. Loads of great beaches .

Fort McMurray...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Fort McMurray actually.

Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
171 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadian couple first time!

I would recommend the following: Phuket Sail Tours for a trip to Phi Phi or other islands, PST are a safe company and you will have fabulous time. Hire a good driver like panya to take you around tourist sights, including Chalong Temples, Big Budda, Rawai. A nightly strol down Bangla Rd with an open mind, and enjoy the wonderful Thai people who have so little compared to most of us tourists yet smile and seem so happy. Enjoy your time there, we went in Jan12 and were apprehensive before arriving, love it, returning in Dec. Sure you will love it too.

Fort McMurray...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadian couple first time!

Are there any temples where there are Buddhist monks in phuket?

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,465 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canadian couple first time!

"What?????

I went to a wat.

Where, what did you go to?

A wat.

What?

Wat!"

Believe it or not, I really had that conversation with a Thai friend.

Anyway, Wat Chalong is the best place for a wandering Canadian to see the monks. Very beautiful buildings, don't forget to admire the bbq. Not far from Big Buddha if you are doing a day trip.

Dress discretely, (minimum; long shorts and t shirts for guys, skirt or jeans for the lady and shirt with covered shoulders).

There are other wats, but this is probably the best one.

Mark.