We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to go in Phuket

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
31 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Places to go in Phuket

Hello,

Since this would be my first trip to Thailand (YAY) I was wondering if anyone could suggest to me any beaches or places that are worth seeing in Phuket?? Thanks.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to go in Phuket

Patong beach is the most popular place for tourists. The beach is lovely and there are a lot of restaurants, shops etc. Most of the tours collect you from and return you to your hotel so you can basically do anything from anywhere you chose to stay. There are quieter beaches if that's what you're after. I highly recommend the the siam niramit show if you're after a bit of culture and the meal is great too. Check out the tours to some of the islands. Phi Phi island is great for snorkling and scuba diving. The James Bond island cruise is good for sightseeing beaches etc choose one that comes with kayaking. The tours get quite expensive during peak season (prices double from low to peak season). If you're not dead set on going to Phuket check out Koh Samui I found it much better in every way. I hope this helps.

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to go in Phuket

Patong beach is the most popular place for tourists. The beach is lovely and there are a lot of restaurants, shops etc. Most of the tours collect you from and return you to your hotel so you can basically do anything from anywhere you chose to stay. There are quieter beaches if that's what you're after. I highly recommend the the siam niramit show if you're after a bit of culture and the meal is great too. Check out the tours to some of the islands. Phi Phi island is great for snorkling and scuba diving. The James Bond island cruise is good for sightseeing beaches etc choose one that comes with kayaking. The tours get quite expensive during peak season (prices double from low to peak season). If you're not dead set on going to Phuket check out Koh Samui I found it much better in every way. I hope this helps.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to go in Phuket

Hi

Visit NaiHan Beach,NaiThon Beach, Kata Beach and take boat to Racha Island,James Bond Island,Coral Island.

In Phuket town, visit Laem Phromthep, Phrompthep Cape,Phuket,Karon view point,Big Buddha,See Phuket Fantasea show at night,Patong at night, etc :P

just go there and you will see.

Enjoy your trip!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to go in Phuket

Hi Miss Jess

Check out the Top Questions about Phuket list on the right hand side of this page, scroll down to What to see and Do and click on the link. There are some great tips on things to do.

Have a great holiday!

Chantal.

5. Re: Places to go in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 12:18