We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it just me or ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is it just me or ?

So I'm Canadian (obligatory) EH ! . I know a large percentage of you fellow T.A enthusiasts are from the (other) . Best x British colony. BUT up here in the Northern hemisphere . The sun is fading , like my bad Canadian tan. We can't complain about the driest August - september on record . But all great things must pass . The rain is here. Oh and it can rain in Vancouver . Long thread short . Is it just me , or do you guys . on dark rainy nights at home. Get a lump in your throat every time you log on . and realize . I REALLY WANT TO BE IN PHUKET RIGHT NOW!!!! . Reality starts as a dream ....Oh and enjoy your summer Mates..

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it just me or ?

I love it when it rains here too.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it just me or ?

I am on TA everyday (I have no life..lol), and everyday, no matter rain, hail or shine, I dream about when we are back there in June. Like I said on another post, I'm sure the Thai people put something in your food to make you become insanely addicted. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it just me or ?

Yes king fisher . But 27 degrees and raining is so much better than 7 degrees and raining :{....Apples and oranges

Ferntree Gully...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it just me or ?

Yep, our summer is on it's way, but where else can you count on a warm evening, after a hot day? What about the beautiful food, at a fraction of the cost at home?

Happy smiling faces serving you at the eating places ?

Um , I miss it all !!

Maz.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
293 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it just me or ?

evomal- I was wondering about that! I live in Hawaii, beautiful. And yet I want to go back so bad! We only returned from Thailand 2 weeks ago and I miss it. I think they "lace" the food with a secret substance. Like CRACK!!!' Just kidding of course! Not kidding about wanting to go back :)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it just me or ?

In Toronto and the sun is shining, but it is minus 14. Not my kind of weather.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it just me or ?

LOL KauaiUSA - not sure if I lived in Hawaii, it would be such a problem!! We were the same as you. Practically the same day we got back, I was sorting out our return.

All I can say, is whatever they put in the food, I love it!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,590 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it just me or ?

I hear you brother........... it usually comes around shortly after I have an argument with my boss about my apprently inexplicable lack of motivation but also appears randomly and repeatedly in times of imclement weather.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it just me or ?

24 hours a day! I want to move there!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it just me or ?

I am both a Phuket addict and a Honolulu addict. I troll TA every day on both the Phuket forum and Oahu forum. I believe in life you need something to look forward to and its holidays for me and my wife. We leave 16th Nov for 11 nights at Outrigger Waikiki(our 6th visit). Home for a few weeks, then leave on 28th Dec for 15 nights at the Impiana Patong(our 9th year in a row to Phuket). That's tragic isn't it? but as other posters have said, there is something magical about the place.