We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

Hi All,

I would be travelling in 3rd week of January to Phuket for 3-4 days however I'm not Sure how and what to see. In map Phuket , phi phi and krabi are near however I don't know which travel option would be best and cheap for traveling.

Following are my observations so far:

1. Phuket, phi phi and krabi are near

2. Phi phi is not more than 1 day visit which can be done via ferry(morning to evening) source YouTube

3. Two days in Phuket is must

I don't know swimming and need to fly back to Bangkok after that.

I'm going for honeymoon so I'm looking for travellers like you to assist and plan my trip with your expertise and experience.

My budget is not more than 40000baht

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
940 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

If you stay in Phuket , you can buy day tour to Phi Phi but if you would like to visit Krabi town or Koh Lanta , I would advise you to stay in Phi Phi so you can go both ways :)

In Phuket have many nice places/beaches that you can visit Kata,Nai Harn beach you might like to stay there.

Phi Phi is nice for snorkeling, rock climbing and island is good for a little exploration.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
940 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Lanta
Lanta
48 Reviews
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Nai Harn Beach
Nai Harn Beach
3,570 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

I dont know swimming neither my fiance hence activities like snorkeling and swimming cannot be met. :(

i am unable to identify the value of krabi as all the activities are available in Phuket and seems phuket has enough to offer.

i have kept 3-4 days in phuket so that i can cover major islands near by at ease since i am on Honeymoon so would liek to avoid hush-rush.

I am confused how many days would be good enough for me and what would be the places i can cover.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

Hello Kanev. Mark here, Phuket Sail Tours.

Even if you can't swim, if you have the confidence to try, and a tour operator you can trust, it is possible to try snorkeling. By wearing a life jacket, and with instruction and support, it is possible to have fun snorkeling.

If you really don't want to snorkel, then Phi Phi may not be the best day trip for you. Phang Nga Bay offers better scenery (in my opinion) and a good tour can include; viewing tropical fish and snorkeling if you want, canoeing (with a paddle man), a visit to Kho Panyi the village on stilts and entering the caves and hidden lagoons (hong) that abound in the bay, and more.

For a good website with info on all the areas you have in mind Google cathyandgarystravelpages.

There is also more information up there on the left in 'Things to do' and then click on 'Tours'.

I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.

Mark.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Sail Tours
Phuket Sail Tours
3,325 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
940 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,572 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

A must do is phang nga bay tour with a safe reputable company like Phuket sail tours - we have been twice! I think it is a good option for non swimmers to get out to islands without swimming. Definitely need 3-4 days at least to see Phuket. Day trip around the main sites with a good driver is good value. I can recommend the best driver if want details let me know.... Go to Tri Trang beach it is beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Sail Tours
Phuket Sail Tours
3,325 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Tri Trang Beach
Tri Trang Beach
603 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
5. Re: Phuket, phi phi & Krabi fun to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:15