We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good deal or Not

England
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
Good deal or Not

Hi, ive been gettin quotes for phuket and the best/cheap deal ive come across is £660 with Etihad Airways, long haul flight. This includes 8 days in Phuket, Peach hill resort 3* near kata and karon beach.Also included in this is 2 days in Koh Samui staying in seascape resort.

Good deal or Bad Deal?

Im 25 yr old male travelling with another friend want to see nightlife, beaches and all the other attractions. Is this possible with the locations i have?

This package is also in late August and coming back in early september.Very worried about the wheather stopping all the site seeing.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good deal or Not

its off season in phuket so it might/will be quiet in kata/karon area, regarding night-life (bars music girls etc--(assuming thats what your looking for?-(-if not sorry,im assuming your travalling with another guy)

)

patong will be lively enough after 9-00 at night though , which is a 20 min ride away from karon in a tuk tuk

the weather is anyones guess, its still hot though, and a bit of rain never put me off

the price sounds like a reasonable deal (as good as any in my opinion )but the hotels won,t be "guest friendly" as you booked through a t/agent

i always book everything direct, on-line and save a fair bit of money,

why line t/agents pockets?

Benoni, South Africa
Level Contributor
145 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good deal or Not

Peach Hill is on the Northern side of Kata Village. There is a distinct North Side of Kata and a South Side split by the Club Med complex in the Middle. There are mostly family orientated pubs and restaurants in Kata, but plenty of them . You should try Kata Mamas near Mama Trios boathouse on the South side for good wholesome Thai food and the best view in the whole of Phuket. A good meal with a beer is about 4 US$.

It is a 5 minute walk through the Hotel complex to the North Town itself, and about 7-8 minutes walk to Kata beach.

It is a 20 minute Tuk Tuk drive to Patong where you can get dropped on Bangla Road and have the choice of hundreds of entertainment venues.