We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Hi all

We go to Thailand for the first time on 23rd November. After reading reviews I have just booked a day tour with PST for the 2nd December, any tips will be appreciated....what to take, wear etc. 3 weeks on Friday can't come quick enough :)

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

wear your swimmers comfy dress or shorts

take a waterproof camera (or a normal camera but waterproof is best) and sunscreen... you dont really need much

maybe something waterproof to put $$

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

if you have a beard the snorkelling mask may leak

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,576 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Crkey, any tips or what to take?

Travel light, wear your swimmers under your shorts (Mr Mitch normally travellers in his swimmers as shorts}, wear teeshirt / shorts that dry, you probably won't need a towel but take one if you want [we take a sarong that acts as towel, seat, pillow] use a waterproof bag (you can buy the waterproof dive bags very cheaply and are good for keeping every thing dry), take suncreame and sunnies, and of course your camera as the scenery is fabulous.

If you get sea sick then PST do have SS tablets and some basics onboard.

You will need a bit of money to pay for beers, or any bits you may buy. All drinks and food are included!!

It is a long journey there and back, but its relaxing and fun, and enjoy!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Thanks for you replies, t shirt and shorts it is then. Not sure if im sea sick, ive only travelled on one boat before and that was from Male airport to Meeru in the Maldives and that took about an hour and i was ok on that one so im hoping i don't need anything.

lol Andy, i don't have a beard and neither does my hubby, we have snorkelled before and no problems with that.

So looking forward to it!! :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

I do like to take dry underwear for traveling home in the bus after the trip, just more comfy. Camera , sunnies and sunscreen are a must.

You will have a great day

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

And don't forget your ipad.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Settle down...Freshie!

Mark.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Ha, i don't think i will take an ipad. I have an underwater camera, sun cream, swimwear, shorts and t shirt and extra cash in case i see something i need to buy. I received an email from 'Joky' saying the date i wanted is no longer available with PST and to book with ;nuditours' ?? i have emailed back to change the dates as i want to go with PST after all the reviews on here, i don't want to risk going with anyone else as ive read some bad reviews about other companies...i paid the deposit so hopefully we will be ok :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Don't stress if you have to go with nudi tours. Nudi tours company was started by Elise, captain Marks daughter. So same same but different. My guess is that Sean who takes the phi phi trip out with PST also probably takes the trip out with Nudi. Just email them and ask the question

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Phi Phi island trip with PST

Simba also comes very highly recommended on TA if PST doesn't work out for you.