We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
343 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

Hi,

Need to know which is a good Travel Insurance company. But I would like to know which is the best one to deal with when claiming. In the past I used HBF and claimed and they were very good! Due to them now being very expensive i am now looking at other companies. Currently looking at Travel Insurance direct, but not sure if they ok when claiming.

Can anyone please advise me?

Thanks

K

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

Well I can tell you which is not a good one..lol AAMI have taken four months to deal with our claim, and we have been paid some so far. Not sure what they are doing about the rest of it as they keep chopping and changing their minds as to whether or not they are going to pay it. After four months, I still have no idea. Filed acomplaint last week...the story goes on.

I have read on here that travel insurance direct, or southern cross seem to be good, so I may try and use one of the next time.

Good luck

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

Travel insurance direct paid my medical claim fast, no questions asked. I will be using them again.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

http://canstar.com.au/travel-insurance/

This is a good place to start

Linda

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,698 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

Have always used Covermore but touch wood have never had to put in a claim.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

We have done many trip and had to claim twice. We have Allianz - and both times there were no problems and it was really easy. To be fair both were interruptions in travel we have not every lost anything and had to claim.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

I use Covermore or Mondial, whichever is the cheapest. I had to make a claim once in 2010 and Covermore processed & approved my claim quickly with no problems.

Edited: 03 November 2012, 08:44
7. Re: Claiming Travel Insurance....which is a good one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:19