We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Here now...

Must say I was very surprised at how much we enjoyed the flight with Virgin. Especially as we arrived to check in at Perth with 5 people in front of us at Virgin and the Thai airways line was massive AND the flight was delayed till 10am!

Dissapointing that Dome ran out of croissants at 7.30am...but nothing new here, typical of good old Perth International Airport. Then we went to the downstairs coffee place "mattress blue bar' .......I mean who thinks of these names! We shared a croissant and had a coffee each $19 AU, and I remember why we usually eat breakfast before we leave home.

Check in and boarding was really smooth and hassle free, got extra legroom seats in emergency exit which was well worth the extra money.

Didn't buy any entertainment but the food was ok. Airline staff very friendly and chatty.

On arrival in Phuket had to get off the plane on the tarmac and then the shortest bus ride to terminal and deserted customs hall, 4 minutes I think to get thru. Awesome!

Our ride was waiting for us and we dropped him off and drove into Patong, so good to be back home. Quick stop at Nicky's to drop off harley parts for the bike and a few cold bev's. Now I'm chilling in the apartment and everything is as it should be ahhhhh............

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here now...

Sounds good!

So jealous! we just go back from our 24 days holiday in Thailand

How long are you staying?

What are you planning to do?

Mentioned in this post
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here now...

Haha, do you miss me yet, has Patches visited you, she is fatter now :) If you want the pool noodles get Philippe to let you in our apartment, well actually your not tall enough to reach them, they are on top of the wardrobe :)

Have fun & see you real soon I hope (in Perth)

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here now...

haha, ok Cathy thanks, haven't seen Patches yet but I have the whiskas ready, I have an appointment at the hospital for my shoulder problem tomorrow, hopefully can get some answers. Yes I miss you already, it is very quiet here at Swiss Palm. Had an awesome thunder and lightning show last night and heavy rain for an hour or so, just beautiful.

Samantha, we are here for a month, we don't tend to do the touristy stuff much these days but if our new car we bought gets here before we leave we may do a short road trip somewhere to test her out. Other than that a few harley rides maybe and catching up with friends etc.

Sue

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here now...

Hi Sue!

that sounds like fun!

we were the same! planned to do a few tours that we didnt do last time but fell ill and a bit lazy and had to cancel them so spent the time mostly relaxing!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here now...

Glad you've arrived safely.

Have a fantastic holiday!!

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here now...

Have fun Sue.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here now...

Hiya gismo, how's the weather there at the moment just looked at webcam on Patong beach an looks very cloudy. Thanks julie

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here now...

Welcome home/back Sue. Hope you can amuse yourself without your partner in crime!!

Michelle

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here now...

Slept like a baby last night, but awake early, some ppl obviously just getting in decide to set off fireworks at 5.15 am. lol

This morning we walked the block from Swiss Palm along back road to Holiday Inn and back along beach road for some excercise, stopped at Patong Tower soi and lo and behold walked straight into friends of ours from Perth! It is their first time here after many years of Bali trips.So after a catch up we took them for a drive to show them some different areas and had lunch at Nikitas. Had a bit of rain this afternoon here but intermittent and it's nice and refreshing. Tonight the F1 is on so watching Daniel race and catch up with friends at Nicky's. Tomorrow hospital appointment..........

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here now...

Thanks for the updates, I always look forward to reading them.