We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Hi,

How far is Phi Phi Don from Maya beach are there any long boats or water taxis available for transfer from Maya beach to Phi Phi Don. I am planning to get down from a Phi Phi speed boat tour at Maya beach and i was wondering if there are any transfer service to get from Maya beach to Phi Phi Don. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Adi

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Not far Maya is in Phi Phi Le , you can take speedboat go inside Maya bay and get back to Phi Phi Don.

(:

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Hello Adi. There are boats backwards and forwards between Phi Phi Don and Maya Bay (Phi Phi Le) all the time. As far as I know there is no service based in Maya Bay however, they all start and return somewhere else. You may be able to hitch a ride, but on the other hand you may get stranded.

Anyway, it seems a strange way to go about things. Most speed boat trips to Maya Bay would include a lunch stop at Phi Phi Don anyway, you could get off there instead of at Maya.

Or skip the speed boat and take a ferry direct to Phi Phi Don. From there you can take a speed boat tour or long tail boat to Maya Bay, or the other nearby islands. This makes the most sense to me, but I don't know what your other plans are.

Good luck,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the detailed response. I am going out for the Phi Phi speed boat tour and the very same night i have a hotel reserved at Phi Phi Don. I would like to cover asmuch as possible on the tour before getting down somewhere near to Phi Phi Don.

I know its not the best way of doing things but with limited time i have this situation. Any possibility of pre booking a water taxi and asking them to be at Maya Bay by the time i reach there. Are there any transfer service companies who do this. Please let me know as getting stranded doesn't look like a good option ...

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Hello Adi. Are you sure that the speed boat tour does not go to Phi Phi Don? Or Monkey Beach, which is also on Phi Phi Don?

There is also a ferry service that goes around Maya Bay, not sure if they stop, on the way to Phi Phi Don.

And yes, you could book a boat to pick you up from Maya Bay and take you to Phi Phi Don. I am sure any agent on Phi Phi that you email could do this for you.

Mark.

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

Hi Adi,

I think that if you book a speedboat that includes a stop at Maya Bay, it will stop there and drop you onto the beach for a period of 30 minutes to an hour and then take you back or end up where your started from. Such as leaving from Phi Phi Don > out around islands > then back to Phi Phi Don. They usually include other stops. The other stops may include places around the islands such as Viking Cave, Monkey Beach and Bamboo Island. From what I saw there on my speedboat tour in Sept 2012, Maya Bay is a spot that touring boats visit. I don't think you would normally get "dropped off" and left there or "hitch a lift" from there. May Bay is a beach, some forest and some toilets. No shops, hotels or info centres. That's about it. I'd suggest that you book a boat tour that fits for your time limits, that includes a stop at Maya Bay.

6. Re: Maya beach to Phi Phi Don

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:17